Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just finished installing these sliders about 2 hours ago. and i finally got rid of those crappy stock dunlop tires. michelin pilot powers 2ct ftw!

next on the mods list: arata slip-on exhaust, integrated tail-lights, front flush mount turn signals, aftermarket wind deflector.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
uhm., no offense but those sliders appear to be way short...your uppers are screwed if it totters

edit: tehy seem too low too. you replaced the right motor mount?

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uhm., no offense but those sliders appear to be way short...your uppers are screwed if it totters

edit: tehy seem too low too. you replaced the right motor mount?
yep and i compared them with my friend's sato sliders on his 600rr and a few others on 600rr.net with satos on their bikes.

the sato's are pretty short. :dontknow:

8,021 Posts
my friend told me this afternoon that the satos, in particular, are more meant to protect the engine rather than the fairings. :dontknow:
most of the engine is within the frame so protect the frame and your protect the engine. Fairings are expendable

Save the cheerleader save the world :drink:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
frame sliders arent meant to protect the fairings or they would call it fairing sliders
Well frame sliders are meant to protect all the more important internal components..Given. But why not get some that are slightly longer and maybe salvage a little more of the expensive plastic?

edit: and while you're at it why not save some levers etc etc?

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
There is a big debate I guess with Race Railz vs Frame Sliders whether which is better. Race Railz being longer and Frame Sliders being shorter.

Most of the arguments for frame sliders is that when you dump the bike if its too long it is more likely to catch on something and flip the bike.

I think frame sliders are better for higher speeds while race railz is better for low speeds.

I dunno really, search Race Railz vs Frame Slider at sbn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.