Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long post beware...
after much research on exhaust systems for the RSX i have read a lot of things that started to confuse me a lot since it is contradicting on things that i knew and trying to purchase the right thing for my setup...
i am a big "brand-biased" person and i love HKS products...i had big hopes about the HKS Turbo kit and i would of loved to purchase one...but i dunno what the hell happened to that...so my next option was to go Supercharger...
i was thinking about getting the HKS Hi-power exhaust because i love the angled tip and the sound it makes...but after some more research i found out that the Hi-po exhaust has a piping diameter of about 60mm and tip size of about 115mm...now ive read a lot of turbo RSXs with custom 80mm piping and turbo muffler...and i know that FI cars need little back pressure to make the most power...so i am asking, if i were to get the JRSC Race kit with the JR race header would i be able to make a lot of power with a HKS Hi-po exhaust or should i go looking for another system with a bigger piping diameter? thanks for your time...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Roots superchargers such as the JRSC don't require a huge exhaust pipe diameter for the power coming from the RACE kit designed for this car..I wouldn't go over
2.5" on that setup unless you are looking for over 300hp..Even 3inch exhaust on a turbo only pushing 5psi would be excessive..Anything over 9psi on a turbo 2.0L
I'd say go for the 3in, if you are looking for large peak hp numbers..
but not w/the 250whp you'll see from the JRSC RACE kit..

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
SoLoSpEeD101 said:
i found out that the Hi-po exhaust has a piping diameter of about 60mm and tip size of about 115mm...now ive read a lot of turbo RSXs with custom 80mm piping and turbo muffler...and i know that FI cars need little back pressure to make the most power.
Wrong. The less back pressure the better.

Be aware that some ehaust systems have an internal rear muffler pipe diameter less than stock and lose a lot of power over stock.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so is there any exhaust systems that will work nicely with the JRSC? and is the HKS hi-po ok to use? i kno that the Thermal R&D turbo back exhaust will work...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts