Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK is anyone else going to Nationals this year? I'm the only RSX in G-Stock. I think there is one in STS (from Ohio), but thats it.
What's up guys?

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
I'm too po, running street tires and no other tuning. Next year I hope to do NT again, and maybe some pro. Make us proud!!

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,280 Posts
I think I will be heading out there but will not be participating. Maybe I will see you.

·
SOLO II
545 Posts
Yeah! I'm in the same boat as Lando. Not enough money to spend on driving out there and buying a set of tires. Hell, I haven't taken my RSX out yet. I can't wait!
I'll be keeping an eye on the results when they post them. If you can take lots of pics for us.

Hey Lando what tires are you running for auto-x?

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
Azenis Sport 215/45-16. Depending on my money situation I may step up to some R-comps next season, or I may just run indexed Street Tire in SFR. Still plenty of learning to do...

Jas00x, what's your setup going to be? What kind of rubber are you bringing?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK well, I'm not going short-handed. I think if I drive well, I can get a trophy spot. An overall win is going to be pretty tough with my relative inexperience in this car- and not to mention some serious competition (so far 30 in GS). I've got a spot reserved for a codriver- but he's not 100% sure if he can go yet. I'd like to have a co-driver to help keep the tires warm and advise on setup and driving. Hopefully he'll give me enough notice to find someone else if he can't make it.
Anyways we'll see how things go!
...here's the Nationals setup
Car: 02 RSX Type-S
Class: G-Stock
Engine mods: K&N filter, GReddy Cat-back Exhaust
Brakes: Hawk HP+
Suspension: Koni single adjustable (revalved rears), 4 Camber bolts up front
Alignment is subject to change after next week's test and tune - I'd like to adjust front toe out ... currently I have zero toe and max camber up front (like -.8 degrees...crap!)
Tires:
Dry- Hoosier AS03A's 215-40-16
Wet- Kumho Ecsta V700- 225-50-16 (front) 205-40-16 (rear)
Wheels: Stock Acura 16x6.5

I've got 2 test and tune events coming up so hopefully I'll be able to get the car dialed in on the Hoosiers. I'm pretty comfortable with the Kumhos...especially in the wet...so I'm not afraid of bad weather. I've raced on Hoosiers before with my old CRX and H-Stock Protege and they were always good to me- so I'm hoping for similar results on the RSX.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll be there running D Mod. Look for the Yelllow number 97/197, with RSX enine.
Del Long

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Del,

I've heard that you put the RSX engine in your car--my little brother's been working on a Locost for a while, but with the Toyota 4AG motor (he was at nationals last year) Unfortunately he can't seem to keep the damn thing running long enough to even begin to tune the car for autocross!
So how did you get that engine in there? Is that a custom Transmission? My brother would love to know, I'll be sure to stop by and check the car out. Is there someone else running the RSX motor..I thought I saw another car powered by Acura?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jas00x said:
Hey Del,

So how did you get that engine in there? Is that a custom Transmission? My brother would love to know, I'll be sure to stop by and check the car out. Is there someone else running the RSX motor..I thought I saw another car powered by Acura?
The RSX engine is BIG, and heavy compared to a 4AGE. I used a power saw, cutting torch, and a big crow bar to make enough room.
The transmission is from a Toyota Corolla, but the bell housing is half RSX and half Toyota. I machine some off of each and then welded them together.
I used the RSX flywheel (Aluminum) and pressure plate along with clutch disc from Toyota pickup. I also remove 1st and 2nd from the transmission to reduce rotating mass. The rear end is s Winters quickchange running 7.25 gears. I'm actually driving Jeff Ellerby's 7 this year and he driving mine.
Jeff is usually a couple of seconds faster than me and has a better shot at winning the jeacket.
As far as I know theres only the one RSX powered 7.
Stop by, we'll be over in the SE corner of the padock, Sunday through Thursday.
Del Long :driving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts