Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's some pix of my favorite ride along the river. unfortunately part of the road was closed so I'll post more up when they reopen the other half.
the road down to one of the boat docks. there r three.

trying to show the cliffs

view of the bridge thru the trees on the road

under the George Washington Bridge - u can see the red light house in the b/g

another shot of the bridge from the boat dock

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here r some more. rock clifffs

Hudson from the boat dock

Rose on the road

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one more cliffs thru the trees

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait if you road your bike??, does Musty have a bike too? :dontknow:
no. he has like 6 bicycles thou:rolleyes: i parked the bike and took pix. last time i did that the bike tipped over on me. so i made sure to secure the bike better.

I still want to post pix of the longer road. I can try to take some more now but it is kind of cloudy and i don't know if it will come out well.

·
Retired OG
100,339 Posts
no. he has like 6 bicycles thou:rolleyes: i parked the bike and took pix. last time i did that the bike tipped over on me. so i made sure to secure the bike better.

I still want to post pix of the longer road. I can try to take some more now but it is kind of cloudy and i don't know if it will come out well.
Wait that doesn't really answer the question that I didn't technically ask.

Did you two drive separetaly to your little vacation spot? You on the bike, him in his car?

·
fix-a-flat
1,079 Posts
another shot of the bridge from the boat dock
I always thought that this was the best angle to see the bridge from. :thumbsup:

Any idea what they're doing at the south end of Hudson River Drive (on Hudson Terrace/River Road/County Route 505/whatever it's called)? That construction is pretty obnoxious.

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wait that doesn't really answer the question that I didn't technically ask.

Did you two drive separetaly to your little vacation spot? You on the bike, him in his car?
No. I can't really do long rides anymore with my friggin neck. Besides I like to be chauffeured around in Scott's hot ep3. U should see the trail of teenage boyz that drool all over his car :rolleyes:

Hey wait. R u confused. These r pics from my ride in jersey, not when we went to pa.

P.S. they r adding more lanes that connect both roads instead of having to go around main street and then back down River Road which Hudson Terrace turns into. That's how it was originally but it only had one lane. Hopefully it will be done soon. River Road sucks anyway. Nice views but traffic blows. P.S. I think that is the road George Clooney dumped his rented Harley on.

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
didn't know nice scenery actually existed around that bridge.
Palisades Cliffs. nough said. You should see the view crossing over from the city. the cliffs rise up from the hudson. If u don't know - the property across the bridge on nj side from alpine to guttenburg is one of the most expensive places to live. Alpine being the most expensive zip code in the nation. So yeah -- mucho pretty.

·
Retired OG
100,339 Posts
No. I can't really do long rides anymore with my friggin neck. Besides I like to be chauffeured around in Scott's hot ep3. U should see the trail of teenage boyz that drool all over his car :rolleyes:

Hey wait. R u confused. These r pics from my ride in jersey, not when we went to pa.

P.S. they r adding more lanes that connect both roads instead of having to go around main street and then back down River Road which Hudson Terrace turns into. That's how it was originally but it only had one lane. Hopefully it will be done soon. River Road sucks anyway. Nice views but traffic blows. P.S. I think that is the road George Clooney dumped his rented Harley on.
thank you.:thumbsup:

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Wow lovely pictures, im surprised there wasnt someone trying to stop you from taking pictures. Ever since 9/11 that place is crazy, i just to work right down underneath im sure uve been there lots of times. Right at the boat dock.

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow lovely pictures, im surprised there wasnt someone trying to stop you from taking pictures. Ever since 9/11 that place is crazy, i just to work right down underneath im sure uve been there lots of times. Right at the boat dock.
No in fact the cops accommodate pix taking. there r five or six waterfalls on the road and ppl stop all the time to take pix. it's a road hazard but the cops allow it.

my pix do not do it justice. A better camera gets in full shots of the cliffs. I'm still hoping to post some more up of the water falls and couple of the twisties and beach front

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kkkkkkkkkkk. got some pix from the north road towards alpine. the road

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
one of the waterfalls -- the rest are on hills and can't shoot a pix while on the bike

close up

further away same waterfall

opposite side of falls overlook onto the Hudson. Typical scene of tug boat and barges.

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
road hazards -- rock slide

rocks ready to fall on unsuspecting bikers :noes:

trees broken and ready to fall

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Yea i did that on my friends aprilia, pure sex bike on a pure sex road. Then went up 9w to bear and back down palisades.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts