Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys always take your Acura RSX to and Acura dealership for scheduled maintenance, or is it perfectly acceptable to bring it to a Honda Dealership instead? The reason that I ask is because the nearest Acura is 30 mi away, and Honda is right in my city. I also heard bad things about the Acura place here. The one I bought my car from is a two hour drive away, and I just don't feel like driving that far for maintenance!

Honda said they do Acura maint., but I just wondered if they will know what they are doing (just in case they never had an RSX roll in there).

Is this a stupid question??

·
Registered
30 Posts
im a car salesman and can tell u first hand experience that an acura u can bring to honda because its basically the same company matter of fact any car to any dealership is ok but bring it to honda cuz i bought my rsx at a honda dealership and i've brought it there sometimes and its ok

·
UnDr PrShR
1,854 Posts
Honda dealership is always cheaper than acura for some strange reason.....beside a 20K should just be like a oil change and a couple of minor fluid checks so save the money and DIY. IMO

·
Registered
191 Posts
30k prolly a transmission fluid change, oil depending on ur driving schedule, maybe throw in a tire rotation and look at the brakes... acura sends me a flyer saying included in the service is a chasis lube... which is weird cuz very few cars today, let alone imports, have grease fittings that arent sealed. all depends on ur knowledge level... if u dont know shit about cars and how to check fluids and such... get a knowledgeable person, dealer or shop to give u a hand

·
Registered
50 Posts
Personally I feel that dealerships can be risky, especially if they think you might buy a new car from them... at the very least, they're a rip-off.

I've got a great Honda mechanic, they have a vested interest in keeping me happy.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Do you guys always take your Acura RSX to and Acura dealership for scheduled maintenance, or is it perfectly acceptable to bring it to a Honda Dealership instead? The reason that I ask is because the nearest Acura is 30 mi away, and Honda is right in my city. I also heard bad things about the Acura place here. The one I bought my car from is a two hour drive away, and I just don't feel like driving that far for maintenance!

Honda said they do Acura maint., but I just wondered if they will know what they are doing (just in case they never had an RSX roll in there).

Is this a stupid question??
There is no acura dealer in my state.

I bring mine to the Chevy dealer for oil changes in the winter and to the honda dealer for maintenance.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
i brought mine once to a honda dealer, and they said they couldnt do anything cuz it was an acura and i had to take to an acura dealer lol
Alot of them say that.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Alot of them say that.
Yup its BS. I took mine to the local honda dealership and they said they'd 'look' at it but if it needed parts I'd have to take it to their other location cause they can't order acura parts at their dealership.

They didn't even put it on the lift and look at it. They wanted to charge me an hours labor to look at it at a later date.

I took it to Acura and they fixed it for free under warranty....

·
617 to 404
249 Posts
I never got a tune up or anything and I have like 110,000 miles. There is this one tune-up for like 600 billz at tha Acura dealer. But there are other shops saying they would do tune-up for la lot cheaper. I don't really know whut it consists of so I don't know which one to go to. You think they do tha same stuff or whut? Who should I go to? I remember when I first had my car, my engine was so quiet I would crank it while it's on sometimes. I wish my engine was like that still. Will a tune-up help it?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I never got a tune up or anything and I have like 110,000 miles. There is this one tune-up for like 600 billz at tha Acura dealer. But there are other shops saying they would do tha same tune-up for like a couple hundred. You think they do tha same stuff or whut? Who should I go to?
well, read the manual and see what the tune up consists of. If its junk you can probably DIY then DIY... Otherwise since you don't have to worry about warranty or anything go to the shop and save 400 billz.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yup its BS. I took mine to the local honda dealership and they said they'd 'look' at it but if it needed parts I'd have to take it to their other location cause they can't order acura parts at their dealership.

They didn't even put it on the lift and look at it. They wanted to charge me an hours labor to look at it at a later date.

I took it to Acura and they fixed it for free under warranty....
Oh and just got back from lunch and went to the local honda dealership to get some crush washers for my OC coming up... Gave them to me for free... Acura charges like 0.67 per. Honda gave me 4 FREE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts