Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install:

Not as bad as I thought. Installation instructions are at the bottom of this post...look them over carefully and READ THE DIRECTIONS!!! You will use the new bolts that are supplied for the rear but not the front. Also remember to use washers and double check everything before snugging down. You will need to remove the rear seat cushion for this install and I highly recommend just unbolting the driver seat than taking out that pain in the ass center console. Its only 4 bolts for the seat and all you have to do is tilt it to get to the belt buckle bolt. As I said read the instructions below and check the pictures. You will be able to use your rear seat if you wish due to the quick disconnect in the back, and your regular seat belts remain intact and usable with simply just having to tuck the harness away.

Review:

WOW!!! My car handles amazing after all my suspension upgrades but I always found myself using my legs to press against the door and center console for support as well as hanging onto the steering wheel for dear life. (Autox). Let me just tell you that once in this harness you are completely solid in the seat, just control the car and you're done. No supporting necessary. I took my friend X_Clusiv1 on a test drive when I was done installing. Hit an empty school parking lot and just did circles. Looking over he was hanging on for dear life, and I was just enjoying the ride. All control baby!

I have to say that if you like to drag, don't bother, and it may be a pain in the ass for daily although this harness is DOT approved. You do not need a roll bar as with other harnesses because there is the ASM clip on the belt that will break away should you need to move out of the way of a collapsing roof in the event of a roll over.

Side note: Get pads for these unless you wear a leather or thicker jacket because the 2" straps will cut into you when cornering hard.

Install: 2 out of 5 (only because of the rear seat removal which sux if you don't take the backs off first)

Price: $159 shipped from soloracer.com

Bang for the buck: Medium (would like a cheaper price but the fact that this is DOT approved and looks kewl as hell makes it worth it)

If you autox, and don't want to get a camlock harness that requires a roll cage or just want something for daily, get this.

www.soloracer.com/rsxrallye4.html

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
:iamwiths:

I love my harness!!! It makes autocrossing soooo much better! and with the quick grips, the harness straps are easy to adjust :thumbsup: Well worth the money!

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yeah, they're awesome, i had them, then a few other midwest guys got them.

the only bolt i used the longer one for was the right side of the driver's seat, if i remember. (and the left of the passenger) the stock bolts worked just fine.

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The avatar I picked from another car before I installed mine. The top sway is minimal if any if your buckled in right. I don't know about road courses but autox I plan to use it. I am not competitive with anyone else so I don't care about classifications of my ride, just want to do it for me and learn the car. Its just fun. If I happen to show that I am competitive then I will go for it...till then, let the fun begin!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
black dc5 said:
Hasn't that been in your avatar for a while now and you post up the review only now?

So you can use these for autox? Can you use them in track events (road courses)?
BTW: does your upper body still sway a little, L/R? Besides that, it keeps you butt in the seat for sure. Makes you feel more intune and "as one" with the car. :thumbsup:
I autocross about once or twice a month and have been using the harness for about 5 months now...it has made a difference, if you are in tight enough then you should not move a whole lot...they basically strap you in so that you dont have to hold your body weight with your arms on the stearing wheel. This way, your arms can really hold the wheel and focus on cornering with more ease...that is what I have found anyways :driving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts