Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

901 - 913 of 913 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yesterday I finally had a chance to test drive a brand new 2014 fr-s at the local stealership. Honestly, I was not all that impressed, because I feel that my all stock 06 Type S has sharper steering and more acceleration. The fr-s did have a nice center of gravity and all kinds of luxury accessories, but its clutch was weired, there is virtually no cargo space, and the engine simply is not enough for such a heavy platform.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Such a heavy platform? It's like the second lightest sporty car you can buy I think..
It's lighter than the rsx.
i don't know about the fr-s, but the brz was about 80 pounds heavier than my 05 type s. it did feel more confident in the corners than my rsx when we were test driving to see if my wife wanted one, but did not feel like feel like it was a match for the rsx stock for stock in a straight line.

btw, do you still have the looking for jp video?

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
you weighed the BRZ too? I think the twins are slightly faster, at least vs 8th gen civic Si's. The top end doesn't feel as strong but I think the butt dyno might be off.
i have to correct my numbers from last night... i said 80, it was 50, with a brz being 2810. there's a truck weigh station close to me and they only use one side at a time.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Both bone stock with equal amounts of fuel?

What do you want with the jp vid, do you even know who jp is?
fuel between 1/4 and 1/2 on both (can never be exactly sure how much you actually have in the rsx below 1/2 as it will take a plummet or come back up, lol) and the rsx had an aem v2 instead of stock airbox.
i was just curious... i used to talk shit to jpslick and say it was about him, lol. but no, i don't know who jp is.

901 - 913 of 913 Posts