Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arggg i looked up close and i have tiny scratches all over one of my JDM headlights.... u cant tell unless ur upclose but its slight scratches all over.... is there anything that can rid of it? please help me out!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
believe it or not u may want to try either a) meguires scratch repair or b) ghetto style rub some white toothpaste into it. the toothpaste actually works for tiny scratches on watch faces

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
i don't know. i haven't tried it. it works for glass watch faces. good question though but if you're being sarcastic f*ck off :finger: . lol

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
it works on watches so i just assumed the same for glass headlights. try it worst case is it'll just come off.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Use Meguiar's Plastx. It will remove all the light scratches on your JDM headlights. It also removes any oxidation that has set on them. I have used this product and my headlights are like new again.:)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I always wax my headlights and it seems to protect them from minor scratches. Good luck!

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Novus #2 polish, then finish it off with the Novus #3. Toothpaste has too many abrasives in it, and will cause it to make it worse. The lens is plastic, not glass.

·
m0o0o0o000?
7,354 Posts
DO NOT USE NOVUS 3!!!!

its way to strong and eats the polycarbonate lense right up.. makes it all cloudy too.. max use number 2.. then finish it with number 1 to clean stuff off.

·
m0o0o0o000?
7,354 Posts
who me?... no i dont have them anymore.. but i might have a set of JDM headlights for sale soon... but im not sure yet

·
Registered
336 Posts
dude, are those gram lights? if not, they look like em. i like em, i used to own a set. then some b hoch stole em. anyway, try using glass polish on them. u'll need a buffer for it tho. a small one. they sell attachments that you can put on a drill and use. also, the glass polish will only work if you can run your finger nail across the scratch and not feel it. if you can feel the scratch with your nail, then its in too deep, sorry. hope that helps.

·
KUSH MASTER
510 Posts
miztahsparklez said:
DO NOT USE NOVUS 3!!!!

its way to strong and eats the polycarbonate lense right up.. makes it all cloudy too.. max use number 2.. then finish it with number 1 to clean stuff off.

Hey miztahsparklez, have you first hand experienced with Novus#3? Cause I just ordered Novus #1-3 and planning to use it on my headlights. One of the headlights has a big scratch on it and on the directions it states to use #3. :confused:

·
m0o0o0o000?
7,354 Posts
the plastic guy/store/place told me to not use number 3 as it is pretty strong and will could your headlights/make it worse as it will eat the finish right off making your headlight dull. he also did a little demo for me with a sheet of plastic and showed me what each product could do. and there was indeed a faint clouding of the plastic where harder products were used. im not too sure if our headlights would do the same.. but i wouldnt risk it unless teh scratches are really bad.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gs05pinoy said:
i see you get your stock headlights for sale?.....Do you still have them?.....Let me know.

i have stock headlihgts for sale.. in flawless perfect condition

1 - 20 of 20 Posts