Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found a bunch of scratches on my bumper. i have NO IDEA how they got there, but it's pretty noticeable if you look for it. Do scratch removers actually work? If so, which is a good one to buy, or should i just buy touch up paint?

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you can put your finger nail into the scratch then it can not be "removed" for light surface scratches try Meguires Cleaner/Wax, I know someone is probably going to plug Zaino, but both work fine, and you can get Meguires at any automotive store.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
i dont know anyone who has any knowledge of zaino who would suggest it for scratch removal. they dont have a scratch remover.

removing scratches requires abrasive products.
hiding scratches is altogether different.
that can be done with touch-ups, temporary coloured waxes(note - temporary) and some other magical elixers.

you need to know if it is indeed a scratch or swirls . they are different

if you drag you finger nail across the marks - does it catch? if so, its a scratch - and you are only going to be able to remove them -

if you dont feet it - they are swirls - and theres lots of ways t deal with them.

either way - a search using both words will reveal loads of previous questions answers - because quite honestly - the answer is long . . . .

read through them . . and ask more questions if they dont answer everything . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts