Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i've been on this site for a long time now, and i would like to say great job. my girl owns a 2003 rsx, but i own a 2001 solara. i love the rsx, its a wonderful car. my reason for posting is that i have many swirl marks my car and my car is dark blue so it very noticable. i bought meguiars scratchx and i'm wondering if it will work for removing these swirl marks. also is it safe to apply it to my whole car? thank you and again wonderful site.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes, it will help the swirls, probably will not remove them all, but will help. It is fine to use over the entire car.

Without seeing the swirls it is hard to recommend products. Are you working by hand? I think if the swirls are moderate, I would step up to #83 dual action cleaner polish. How bad are the swirls?

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
If you're going to use Scratch X make sure not to work it too hard into the paint since it's a mild abrasive. Gently move it along the surface, only apply two or three coats (follow directions on the tube).

If your car just has a mild amount of swirls all over the car you may just want to try a cleaner wax instead.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used the meguairs three step deep crystal system before and it has a cleaner wax , polish and wax. it helped but didn't get much of it out. should scratchx work better?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a 100% cotton chenille mitt, absorber, and mircofiber towels. the swirls were probably from the previous owner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts