Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I went to the SE Divisional this past weekend in Atlanta and my Brother and I ran the Type S in G Stock. It was wet/light showers, so my full tread Kumhos were probably the perfect tire to have. Although the guy in the CooperS had brand new Hoosiers and didn't have a problem.
On Saturday, the Cooper S was in the lead by .17 secs. I was in 2nd and my brother in 3rd. On Sunday, more of the same weather, wet but the coarse was getting a little drier as we moved onto 3rd runs. I threw down an awesome 3rd run to take the lead- then had to wait for the rest of the class to run. The Mini Cooper came within .03 secs---but hit a cone!!!
I took 1st Place, John Brown in the Mini CooperS took 2nd and my Brother, Sean took 3rd place. There were 8 drivers total in GS I think--- I'll post a link when they post results.
Out of 142 drivers, I paxed 7th- the few ahead of me were STS civics, STX subarus, Formula Jr (why do they even PAX them?), and a SM2 Corvette.
It was a wet event so it's hard to judge how well the car is really going to be. But hey--I'll a take win anytime, especially at a Divisional!! And as the results show, not a bad wet setup!!
I was running
Kumho V700's 225's front, 205's Rear
Tire Pres: 41 front, 44 Rear
Konis: Full Soft front, Full stiff rear

Hope to see more of you guys at the next few autocrosses- this is a good car to race!!! :)

-Jason

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
Nice job Jason! There's some serious Mini competition in NorPac... plus I think I'm the only stock Type S in all of California ;-)

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
The RSX-S could be the car to have in G-Stock this year.... who knows

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Results

Hey guys,

got results from the race if you'd like to check 'em out.
http://www.sedivsolo2.com/atlanta2004/results.pdf

It's hard to compare times due to the weather- however it was the same both days! so here's the breakdown:
First Run group had wet track with light/no rain.
2nd Group, no rain, drying track- completely dry by 3rd runs.
3rd Group had dry track- then pouring rain.
4th Group had a wet track with light/no rain (Much like 1st Group).

Here's where the RSX-classes (or close clases) ran.
GS, DS, HS ran in the first group
STX, GSL (last years national champion- Donna Frank), DSL, ran in the 2nd group
STSL, SM ran in the 3rd group
STS ran in the 4th Group

of all the classes, STS and STX seemed to have the most impressive runs- (National-trophy drivers).

-Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts