Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time posting I appreciate in advance anything anyone can do to help me. Several months ago my SRS light came on in my 04 RSX type S, and according to the dealership the OPDS pad (SKU: 81127-S6M-A01 PAD, R) has been discontinued. I've spoken with Acura client relations and they are unable to find the part either. I can't pass the VA state inspection without this part, and am at a loss at what to do since I can't locate it anywhere online. I've been referred to car-parts to search for wrecked RSX, but even then I'm not quite sure how I'd verify that the part I needed is still viable/ do I just need the whole seat and can swap it out?(I'm not very car-savvy if you couldn't tell). Not sure if anyone here has an extra tan leather passenger seat with intact OPDS pad they'd like to send me, but I'm a graduate student without much disposable income, and my RSX only has 83,xxx miles on it so it's not ready to die simply because it can't get around the state inspection. Any advice, tips, where to look, anything at all would be greatly appeciated, thanks for reading!

·
Been Around for a while
1,022 Posts
Yeah sounds like a replacement seat would be the best way to go, or the seat back but that migt be hard to get. I know on Craigs List you can pick them up for pretty dirt cheap. Congrats to the new grad!

Have you tried resetting your SRS? You could also temporarily shut off the SRS light also. Google Air Bag simulators. There are also a couple of good threads here on how to identify the codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts