Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sexy!!!
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so just installed my HID but had a slight problem when putting the bulb in the headlight... I broke the o so fragile, teeny winy tiny glass tips from both bulbs. I don't think there was any gas leakage because i can turn them on and they look perfectly fine. So i just put them back in and used them normally. About 5 days later...today, i notice some little white particles on the inside surface in my headlight housing. Im thinking this is normal, dust that just came in as I was doing the install. But then I look at the glass...or transparent plastic (whatever it is) and it kinda looks in some spots fogish... but not from water... actually it looks dirty. Neither of these are very noticeable, but i just want to know. Did breaking the tip of the bulb affect it in any way? I thought it was gonna pop on me but it hasn't already. Sooooooo what do you guys think? :noes:

PS: I can't believe i broke them...fkg clumsy

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Maybe your melting some thing.

·
Sexy!!!
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
like what?!...:noes: I mean, can you really melt something with HIDs?

·
Sexy!!!
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
please guys im worried now. Im sure i installed the HIDs correctly...

·
Registered
67 Posts
i think i know what it might be. check your tranny fluid, drain your oil, and turn your interior light on and off. thank should take care of it. GKY

·
Sexy!!!
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i know what it might be. check your tranny fluid, drain your oil, and turn your interior light on and off. thank should take care of it. GKY
What does that have to do with anything?:dontknow:

·
Sexy!!!
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump :(

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
Could you try to take a pic of it so we can see? When I turn my headlights on, there seems to be bits of dust inside mine too but I noticed it before when I had stock bulbs. I only see it when I turn the headlights on, by the way.

·
Sexy!!!
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could you try to take a pic of it so we can see? When I turn my headlights on, there seems to be bits of dust inside mine too but I noticed it before when I had stock bulbs. I only see it when I turn the headlights on, by the way.
Me too! yeah guess thats it ill try to take a pic but i dunno if it will show. Are they little white dots??
Love ur car by the way

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
The spots/specs are all over the inside of the headlight but it is only noticeable when the headlight is on. Is it all over the inside of your headlight or in some spots?

And thanks, my car is soooo stock and so base model :eek:

edit: Here's a pic I took last week after I had installed the HID's (Does the spots/specs look the same as your headlights?):

Attachments

·
Sexy!!!
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The spots/specs are all over the inside of the headlight but it is only noticeable when the headlight is on. Is it all over the inside of your headlight or in some spots?

And thanks, my car is soooo stock and so base model :eek:

edit: Here's a pic I took last week after I had installed the HID's (Does the spots/specs look the same as your headlights?):

Ur welcome dude:thumbsup: . Um yeah, they look exactly like that only with a few hazy spots on the clear plastic. On the black area it is mostly acumulated near the low beam, but there are some particles scattered all over also.
BTW... that the a-spec lip kit in your sig? B-a-utifull!!

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
Yea, there seems to be some lite haze behind my headlights too, like a layer of dust but can't clean it unless I open up the headlight.

The A-Spec kit is sitting in my basement right now......just gotta wait till the snow season is over before I actually install it. The picture in my avy is when I test fitted it and snapped a few pics :)

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts
i think its normal for all of us. i have it, just never paid attention to it really. As long as my headlights dont get condensation or turn yellow

·
Honda4Life
1,501 Posts
do you guys think it would be a good idea to like maybe take out the DRL lamp and blow computer duster gas in there?
I don't think it would work that well....but with your same idea you can try to use a vacuum cleaner i with a small plastic clear pipe to suck those particles away....i used that getting the water out from my leaky headlights.......

·
:)
15,562 Posts
what you could do is try sticking a plastic stick and putting cloth on the end and trying to clean the inside of the headlights out.. I had to do that to mine, i had some crap in there too.
Take a vaccum cleaner and put a hose to the bulb hole and suck all the shit out you can.. Its a pain the ass, but it can be done..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts