Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
617 to 404
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked kbb to see how much my car is worth if I traded it in and it says that I can get $6000 for poor condition and $8000 for excellent condition. I would say my car is in pretty poor condition. But now Im stuck because it has 130,000 miles on it now and Im not sure if I should trade it in and get a new car or run this car till it breaks down. Im financially stable but not sure if I want to give up my RSX for only $6000.
What would you guys do? Keep it or trade it in and get another car?

·
2006 PWP Acura RSX Type S
2,315 Posts
According to your profile you have a type S so i would just keep it. Its a honda so its going to last way past 130k unless you don't change the oil or beat the hell out of it. So keep it and save for something more like a house!!! (that's what i am doing)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
if you're waiting on waiting until it breaks down, dont hold your breath will you wait, it wont happen anytime soon, whats wrong with it? why do you want to get rid of it?

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
drive it into the ground. save up in the meantime. when repairs start costing near or more than the value of the car, ditch it for some new hawtness.

...and itll probably be some time before that happens - i was rollin around in a busted up 1981 camaro a couple cars before this, had like 140k on the clock, body was shit, but it ran like a champ, even though i beat it like a redheaded stepchild. id imagine modern honda reliability would get you quite a bit farther...

·
617 to 404
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for tha input. I love my car way too much to sell for only 6000. Im going to keep it since it's my first car and i know it will last at least another 5 years. ill just hope ill be bankin then so I can get a new car. the body of my car is hurting but I got a kit I can put on it. don't want to put it on now without engine mods.
But thanks a lot for tha input guys, you guys helped me make my decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts