Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like there's a lot of you who still live at home or live in a house. i'm jealous cause i live in a apartment. for the people out there who live in apartments, what steps do you take to care for your car? whether it's just washing and/or detailing. have you developed a paitence for sharing a garage with other cars or even worse... street parking? i've been putting off buying a new car simply cause of where i live. if i get a new RSX, i wanna baby it... however there's only so much you can do when you don't have your own garage. :(

·
B-O-MmMmm
13,825 Posts
I live an apartment, but I keep my car in a single-car garage so I have no problems dealing with others dinging it or anything. I live in a neighborhood with a lot of ghetto people so I'm pretty reluctant to take my car out to wash it, but I still do anyways 'cuz I know that's the only time they'll ever see it. Out of sight, out of mind.

·
7,611 Posts
I live in apt. It sucks not having a garage - or even a spiggot to wash my car. There is a spray wash a couple of blocks away - quarter joint - that I frequent. Poor car gets bird doo-doo, snow, pollen, everything on it. And it's always in the sun. No covered parking there or at work. So I try to keep it loaded with wax, and any mods/maintenance I do what I have to do. Sometimes in the parking lot, sometimes at friend's or relative's places. My apt. is a small quiet place. Other places you might have more trouble getting away with working on your car.

It sucks, but I intend to move to a place within a few months that has at least a carport, and there's more to life than keeping car clean. I'd rather drive a dirty RSX than a dirty (fill in the blank)!! :thumbsup:

My neighborhood is a little ghetto too - I park away from the other people like the chick that parks two inches away from the next car. Me and the Tiburon and the RX-8 owner all park on the far side of the lot. The RX-8 isn't even there all the time; he must store it somewhere.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
when i lived in an apartment, i rented a garage too. the complex also had a car wash area.

just take you car to the local hand car wash. go during off peak hours with a bucket already filled up with soap and water.

·
THE LEGEND OF CRSX
18,993 Posts
i dont live in a appartment but i park mine outside all the time (moms and step-dads cars are in the garage so im not allowed to get mine in there) so i wash it up every week and wax it as much as i can usually with every wash i wax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.