Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
K Builder
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is the most advertized place for the rsx, and with the new K-Pro, i'm getting one personally to tune the supercharger, but i was also wondering since we are going to have a fair number of us with it, if we could set up something so that when you guys have a tuned map (dyno or something proven) that would contribute with your dyno sheet and mod list we could share...

after all the map would only be available to K-Pro owners, which we allready payed 1000$ for the unit. And may be easier for others who don't have dyno access or tuners.

what do you guys think?

·
Because Racecar
1,994 Posts
sounds like a plan, i will share my map after i get my skunk2 cams and intake manifold and a few other goodies so others can benefit from my empty pocket book, lol

·
K Builder
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mind sharing maps, but for some reason's people on this board will be affraid... because they paid dynotime and wouldn't want to share the maps because it costed them, but what they don't realized is everysetup and engine does react the same way... "sea level" , humidity and other factors.. so i don't quite get the big deal...

maybe i'm wrong and we'll get alot of support.. maybe not.... but if chris could have a public ftp to upload too, and send a read me with a decription use at your own risk it wouldn't be that bad.. "upload access only, no download to tamper and then re-upload, maybe send the username of the person who uploaded the map for reference for credibility, but those uploading would view the map first off and could easily detect a couple things before starting the car.. after all were not all dump here :)

hahahaha...

·
Registered
506 Posts
all this would be is a description of a map thats optimal for one guys set up

other guys would simply read and assimulate, not necessarily duplicate

no risk?

but a knowledge database that would grow

no need for secrets here :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
i think the person who has done the time and money should get like 50 bucks from each person who takes there map. only sounds fair to me, cas if i spent 600 bucks on dyno time for type r cams, type r manifold, cai, race header and 2.5" exhaust, and then someone with the exact same setup will benifit for free. ha that doesnt work in my book. i say you want someones you setup, you pay 50 bucks. ha. in the forum all you need to say is this:

i have blah blah set up. if you want my map/setup for the kpro send me 50 bucks via paypal or money order or something.

shit id pay 50 bucks for a setup that was at least that close.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I mean everything starts somewhere, even when it comes to people getting there aftermarket parts and then someone telling them to share their experience etc. I mean true you aren't getting a gain but still, I would like to think we are all hear to learn from one another. If I paid 600 to dyno tune my car I wouldn't mind letting other people use it b/c everyones setup is different and everyone will still need to be tuned. I will be getting hondat Kpro soon and when I have it tuned, I would be willing to share it for free. I feel its all being a part of a community to educate one another. I mean I was the first in my area to do my suspension on my own and messed up some stuff and was the test subject. I then helped other people out by letting them use my garage, tools, experience, etc and didn't charge them for it, just made it a learning experience every time. I would like to think that is what we are all here for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
i dont know, i just think that someone elses map is sorta like a modification. so its like a free mod to give out to other people. i do respect that this is a club, but giving away something is tuff to do even if it justs a computer map. but i would probably give mine up for free becuase i am one of those people who just wants to help everyone. but for the people who arnt like that, then what i wrote earlier would be in order.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
dc5guy said:
i dont know, i just think that someone elses map is sorta like a modification. so its like a free mod to give out to other people. i do respect that this is a club, but giving away something is tuff to do even if it justs a computer map. but i would probably give mine up for free becuase i am one of those people who just wants to help everyone. but for the people who arnt like that, then what i wrote earlier would be in order.

I totally understand

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
if you guys are serious, i'll create a special section on my server for you to create an account and upload/download maps.. free too

this way each crsx user gets credit

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
yeah, but a site is controlled by one person so it can be more organized... it sucks sometimes having to go through a thread with 200 posts that have scattered information...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
i say if people want to be assholes they can charge people for their maps
if you're gonna spend $600 on dyno time, you're gonna spend it regardless, why not share the wealth. Or maybe you can try going into the business of selling your maps on ebay hahahahaha

if you want to be a nice guy, share what you know, if you don't, then don't, but if you wanna be an asshole, charge people money for it.

my two cents, not that you care

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
Swazi has a point. I think the maps will have to be free. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to pay $50 for a program that was tuned to someone else's car, even if the mods are the same, you'd be missing out on the main benefit of owning the K-pro by failing to have it properly tuned to your own engine.

·
K Builder
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
guys.....

people always learn from other peoples experience... how you think the guys at cybernation learned about their turbo kits, or jackson racing learned about their flaws. Everybody else does at somebody elses expenses. Charging for a map is not right, because why would i pay for a map that may not make power, you pay for something garantied and proven. When it's not it's a gamble. If you don't wanna share don't... BUT i don't expect you to take a map when once is offered. Imagine this.. you pay 600$ for a supertuner to tune you car (you think you have the shit!).... you have the map you don't share, one week later, a guy posts a map he did online and he says it did this much power, you give it a try and behold you gain 2whp all though the powerband with virtually no loss's from your tuners map you just paid 600$... you didn't contribute your map, but you took another one to benefit yourself, when that map you had, could have been refined by somebody else to help out... it may only be a map, but other tuners can look at it download it and suggest improvements... if you don't, you'll be stuck doing it yourself.

a good think about charging, would be to pay per meg via paypal or something and offer space so you can upload the map and a datalogging session and put please help me with my glitch (for other tuners to look and diagnose it if they can contribute any suggestion)... the paypal would cover the cost of the "server size for the map" under 5-10 megs.. only one map at a time per user, and then work from there....

the closet dynojet from my location is 500miles! not everybody has access..

we are a club, to help each other out... and learn from each other.. you wanna be alone, then don't bother being here... but if you wanna learn etc this is the place... don't forget guys it only takes one guy to find out a super tuning trick with these k engines and share it and everybody can apply it.. were not stuck to the mercy of a pocket programmer and chip burner anymore.. nows the time to use this knowledge and apply it

shared hp is free hp, selfishness will cost you more. because you will have to pay to get your results that you could have had help with.

·
Registered
487 Posts
like i said i would pay for someone elses map if it was the important i wouldnt bitch and be like hey man give me the map for free. i respect that they spent mad time and money. but if people were going to give them out for free, thats ok with me, i was only making a sugestion for the people who consider there maps worthy of cost. not trying to be an asshole. its like sharing your girlfriend. ha.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
dc5guy said:
like i said i would pay for someone elses map if it was the important i wouldnt bitch and be like hey man give me the map for free. i respect that they spent mad time and money. but if people were going to give them out for free, thats ok with me, i was only making a sugestion for the people who consider there maps worthy of cost. not trying to be an asshole. its like sharing your girlfriend. ha.

Man...not trying to dog on you, but I didn't have to pay for my girlfriend and for six hundred bucks I would be pretty scared where she's been ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
haha good point! hmm i guess i could have found a better example,instead of a girlfriend ha.

·
Banned
178 Posts
map sharing is a great idea for those who are willing
especially for guyz like me who dont know too much about tuning and cars except for the basics, i plan on gettin the k-pro and that would be awesome if i could learn more about from people who actually have had experience with it
so if ppl share, great, and if they dont, thats understandable

1 - 20 of 40 Posts