Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
F*CK WINTER
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the go to budget build for our engines is to swap in the a2 cams and rockers with the rocker pins switched. Plenty of you have done it, most of you with KPro.

I need some info on how to setup this swap in KTuner and what values to set for VTEC and how the Base MT Base Map responds to this mod?

If our base model doesn't have real VTEC and swapping out the mentioned components essentially creates an improved VTEC, how does this run and what needs to change on the base map?

I'm running I/H/E and KTuner right now, waiting until I'm more confident and informed on how to set this up in Ktuner before I install the a2 cams & rockers, valvesprings, type-s throttle body and RBC mani that I have been sitting on for a while now...

There is no dyno or tuning in my area. I can't get a quality tune done until late spring sometime so I need to get a decent street tune going myself.

·
F*CK WINTER
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WEIRD. My name is EriK as well XD

I've seen plenty of threads and know how to switch the pins and install the cams and rocker assembly. Not much point if we can't get it running correctly.. I know without the full a2 head swap we won't have true VTEC but the i-VTEC-E we do have should hit harder.. Right now my upper and lower values for engagement are both set to 2000rpms. Still running the stock a3 cams and rockers but it does go pretty hard until 3rd gear. GUTLESS in the top end though.. I'd be curious to see full maps of our a3/a2 setup tuned and also the vtec killer.

·
F*CK WINTER
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really wanted to have this build done this year but I guess I'll aim to hit the ground running in the spring.. At least it'll be some extra power while hunting down a k24a1 to build up with the a2 internals to transfer over into the a1's high flowing head and probably go supercharger vs NA with the low compression.

Did you pick up valve springs and retainers yet? I can't seem to find any OEM f20c/ap1's that I was hoping to get for cheaper. Stuck between the Skunk2 kit and Brian Crowers.

If you come across any extra info on tuning our a2/a3 build PLEASE share. I also wouldn't mind seeing your KTuner settings depending on how far along you are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts