Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Who you callin' a member?
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the Tein SS coilovers with the ingalls cambar kit. I am wondering what settings current Tein autox'ers are using.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You always want the fronts at a harder setting than the rear. Along with a bigger rear sway bar, this has made my RSXs handling really neutral with the rear ever so slightly over steering. Also running 225/40r18 wheels and tires on Hankook Ventus v12s with -1.75 camber front and -.5 in rear. This setup has worked perfectly for my auto x and track events. You also want to run about 5 more PSI on the front tires than the rear -- something you want to play with.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
General rule on tuning. *the stiffer end of the car will lose grip first. (this goes for damper rates, spring rates, anti-roll bars...)

So, if the car is under steering, then either stiffen the rear dampers or soften the front dampers.

More importantly... whats your alignment set to?

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
My alignment is the spec for a rsx type s on tein ss suspension. Ride height is highest spec
so an OEM alignment? If so, changing that should be priority #1

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess I would have to make the car a dedicated track car, this my daily driver, weekend warrior. Was hoping I could make my tires last a tad longer

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
what are you thoughts on ingalls camber adjusting bolts, camber plates are out of my price range right now. I want to do that high performance alignment

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
they are not as stable as camber plates, but set up correctly will do the job just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts