Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2,811 Posts
Most-Wanted said:
New Record!!! Look's like SFP has the fastest Hatch!!!
Well, the slicks didn't fit after all and I had to run on my everyday street tires. They are 17" Kumho Ectsa's and even those didn't keep the car from turning out impressive numbers. Can't wait to see the new RSX they are building. It is being broke in this week. The new Hatch record looks like this:
r/t .810
60' 2.308
330 5.849
1/8 8.642
mph 87.88
1000 11.049
1/4 13.071
mph 112.03
There is a girl on here running times like that in an NA EP. She has a K20A swap.

· Registered
154 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
whats in the hatch?
I believe K20A3 w/SFP turbo kit.

· Registered
2,387 Posts
thats a really high trap speed compared to the other turboed k20s running with stock internals

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments except for the stupid few who don't realize I was on street tires(17's and not even drag radials). The n/a hatch that ran 13.0 was on slicks. My hatch will go deep in the 12's(12.2 or so on slicks). Anybody that knows anything about drag racing knows every .10 at the 60' is .20 at the end, do the math. And no I'm not hating on the n/a cars, because they are my fav. Bottom line, look at their mph and then look at mine. Oh yeah, stop hating:)

· Internet Crack Dealer
22,304 Posts
Most-Wanted said:
Thanks for the compliments except for the stupid few who don't realize I was on street tires(17's and not even drag radials). The n/a hatch that ran 13.0 was on slicks. My hatch will go deep in the 12's(12.2 or so on slicks). Anybody that knows anything about drag racing knows every .10 at the 60' is .20 at the end, do the math. And no I'm not hating on the n/a cars, because they are my fav. Bottom line, look at their mph and then look at mine. Oh yeah, stop hating:)
Gosh, I am sorry for stating the obvious. Who cares if you are on street tires, you didn't win any records in my book. From the numbers the car left a lot on the table, sorry if those of us with experience pointed that out.

· R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
4,713 Posts
is it me, or has the choice of topic lately have to deal with south florida performance? They were talking about how their turbo kits are better than the ones at cybernation, now saying their hatch is the best.

· Internet Crack Dealer
22,304 Posts
I think you are correct. It seems that their is a who has the bigger hairdryer contest developing. For me it is all in the proof. A 13 on street tires is good but I did the same thing with 100 shot of nitrous 2 years ago. In the end if they go after each other to see who is better, great, it just increases the level of kits that all of us can buy.

· TeamDC5
544 Posts
Most-Wanted said:
New Record!!! Look's like SFP has the fastest Hatch!!!
Well, the slicks didn't fit after all and I had to run on my everyday street tires. They are 17" Kumho Ectsa's and even those didn't keep the car from turning out impressive numbers. Can't wait to see the new RSX they are building. It is being broke in this week. The new Hatch record looks like this:
r/t .810
60' 2.308
330 5.849
1/8 8.642
mph 87.88
1000 11.049
1/4 13.071
mph 112.03
Hey i saw sum of ur runs at Moroso, nice job with the 13.0. The ones i saw were like 13.7's n stuff. Throw on sum slicks and see what happens. just watch out for those all motor RSX's out there....lmao :driving:

· Registered
330 Posts
Most-Wanted said:
no need to get pissy. everyone said you should be in in the 12's you just didnt get there. also there are ways even on street tires of getting your 60' lower and getting better times over all. ;) It's not our fault you didnt do what you needed to in order to get betetr times. if you are seriously trying to have the fastest setup and you dont bother investing in proper tires then that is your problem. what the car CAN do and what the car DID do are 2 different things ;) good luck actually hitting 12's though. you should have it easy.

· Registered
177 Posts
112mph is good for a very low 12 high 11. actually with slicks you should pick up a few MPH if you get the revs up on the launch. your 1/8 time and trap look just about like mine but you have some crazy pull top end. if you can post your set up and turbo size I am very impressed though...13.0 on true street tires is pretty impressive guys you guys go make enough power and try it. it's not so easy

Cybernation is good but I am sorry SFP, inline pro, and full race pretty much make it look slightly less appealing.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
K20A2- What is your best run in your RSX? Just curious. You talk alot of game. And I went [email protected] in my type-r 2 years ago. Whats your point??

BlueRSXS03-Yeah, my first run was [email protected] second was [email protected]

Lucky_317- I had the proper slicks, but the calipers were rubbing. Don't worry, the car will be back to run low 12's on slicks and then everyone here can really get their panties in a wad.

· Internet Crack Dealer
22,304 Posts
Most-Wanted said:
K20A2- What is your best run in your RSX? Just curious. You talk alot of game. And I went [email protected] in my type-r 2 years ago. Whats your point??

BlueRSXS03-Yeah, my first run was [email protected] second was [email protected]

Lucky_317- I had the proper slicks, but the calipers were rubbing. Don't worry, the car will be back to run low 12's on slicks and then everyone here can really get their panties in a wad.
It was a 13.1 @ 108mph at 6000 ft above sea level (density altitude of over 8000ft). I live in Colorado, so our numbers are about 1 to 1.5 second off of sea level. I race at one of the highest tracks in the world and can still go fast. Bring your car up here and see what it will do, I will help you tune it...

My point was don't come on here saying you are the king of all that is drag racing in a Civic hatchback. People have and will always go faster, just come on and tell people how you did, they will respect you a lot more, but that is just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.