Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
One of the 1st 500+hp k's
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please keep in mind that i did not write this!!!!
im a cyber guy!!!


but someone from sfp told me this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok well this is what I've seen with my own eyes... I personally feel that there is either 1. some deception about cybers hp #'s made or 2. they don't know how to tune. I'm a good customer of SFP's and although that may make me a bit biased by nature, I was down at their shop on two different occasions when two different cybernation customers brought their cars to them to be fixed up. One had just left cybernation (picked his type s up after they turbo'ed it). He told us standing there that he never got to see them dyno it. He picked the car up, drove back towards Miami and had some drivability issues on the highway. Since he was almost back to Miami, he decided to stop by SFP. They decided it'd be best to put the car on their dyno and check it. The car only made 224wHP after he got a dyno sheet only hours earlier that said 265ish. Seemed strange. With cybers black box and afc sfp couldn't get the car to make any additional hp. The customer said he was gonna take the car back and complain. On a more recent occasion when I happened to be there talking about buying a kit, an SI came in with a cyber kit. They dyno'ed the car cause it didn't feel that fast. The car was so pig rich the a/f in boost went right off the charts... probably like 9.1 A/F ratio. The car made good power... 265wHP... the thing is.. they had the boost set to like 14psi on stock internals. SFP turned it back down to like 8lbs that they claimed it should be at and it made like 210whp. and was richer than ever. Basically SFP fixed up the car and it runs better but no where near what their kit runs/makes. The reason I hear that cybernation no longer does installs is that they've blown up a few customers cars and burned at least one to the ground. they had a suit against them where they settled by buying the customer a new car after it went up in a ball of flames. Also they've blown up their forged internal shop car like 4 or more times trying to get it to make power. IMO their kit is mediocre. They're black magic, elf, guardian dungeons and dragons radio shack made boxes are a joke too. You wanna know what their big black magic box is? it's a map sensor bypass and an injector resistor box. Big whoop. Nothing new and special there. It's my opinion that their guardian box is what's called a Perfect Power piggyback that retails for 125 dollars and is a joke. something out of the dominican republic. That's why their prices would go down. that is if it's not a hondata reflash which they insist it is not. It's my opinion based on all the research I've done and the horribly tuned cars I've seen with my own eyes, the poor quality of their kit, that they are a bunch of smoke and mirrors magicians who claim all these things that are in fact not true.

Answer me this.. why would their blue rsx shop car they claimed in the magazine makes 500hp only run in the 13's at around 110 and this guy Brians stock internal SI runs 13's at over 110mph on 265whp stage one turbo kit by SFP? See the thing is, they have the right people kissing their asses and telling everyone how great they are. Did you ever notice that none of their customers will take their car to the track? Brian aka: most-wanted challenged them in a very friendly way on more than one occasion and I just did the other day. If the product is so great and the cars are so fast how come everyone is scared? how come so many of the cars they've built have blown up? How come it took 14psi to make their stage 1 kit make 265wHP and SFP did it with 6.4psi? Honestly the $500 extra that the SFP costs is worth it's weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. Every aspect of the kit from what I've seen and investigated is better. There is not one negative other than that 500 price difference. SFP has been in business 9 years and has tons of records on all different kinds of cars. You should see what they've built out of their shop. 9 second daily driver TT mustangs, 750hp Viper, 10 second street integras and civics... 1100hp supras... first shop in the country to sleeve a K series motor and build a turbo kit and make over 400wHP back in 2002. they got the second RSX sold in florida when they came out. They're not new kids on the block but have been around for a long time. they just haven't slammed the internet like cybernation has. How can a business be in business that long and be so successful if they don't know their shit like nobody's business. I guess the owner of club rsx banned them from the site for advertising or something when all they did was try to help out some people and answer some questions. Oh well there is no rule that they can't have loyal customers like myself to support them on the site.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.. there is so much more I could tell ya but I think you got the jist.
________________
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
I have never heard of a car blowing up in the shop, and they have not blown their shop car. I was there when they dyno'd my car, and the numbers were real. Also, they have never taken their shop car to the track yet only because they don't want to run anything but 10's their first time. These guys are too dedicated to be bluffing numbers. They have been working with honda motors for awhile and have tuned some fast cars. Their integra ran a what? 10.01 I believe? I'm sure they have a clue about tunning cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
um, hmmm, ok i have one of their cars and it was at 10,000 post turbo miles 20 lbs daily driven 358hp before i decided to take it back to them and go to the stage 3. i have personally driven the shop blue rsx and can say that that thing is as fast as they claim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
You have to keep in mind that many cybernation customers have installed their kits and dyno tuned out of state. If their dyno sheets were false, then how is it that other CN turbo owners have similar hp/torque #'s? Wait I got it, all their dyno machines aren't Sae corrected or they're all rigged. To tell you the truth every retail/wholesale store will have it's customers. Some may have bad experiences wether it may be user error or retail shop error. In my personal experiences, Cybernation has the best customer service and each representative has been extremely helpful. CN turbo kits have endured through the harshest weather conditions and I can attest to that, but to each his own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Well SFP are a really great bunch of guys. I am sorry to hear that they feel the need to tear down our company to make theirs look better but I guess that’s the way it goes.

I could sit hear and argue all the points brought up by this guy at SFP, but to tell you the truth its not worth my time. I will let our customers speak for us.

Well Excel, I guess that 11.90 you ran was BS too? ;)
 

·
Out on bail
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
wow those claims make me really against sfp. ill make sure to recommend cybernation over them anyday cuz they remind me of jealous little kids. I'd even recommend putting a rock in your intake over getting sfp =).

gg sfp :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,333 Posts
Ummm, 2 examples offthe top of my head:

Xcell: never dyno tuned, fastest RSX to date= 11.9 1/4 mile.... Did I mention he was never dyno tuned, running off that "Radio Shack Black Magic"?

Passnubye: first time and first run ever at the track= 118 mph trap speed. 13.5 at 118... does that not say enough about the power Cyber kits are putting out???

I respect SFP, I've seen some fast cars out of there. But my respect for Cyber is a few notches above, especially when it comes to K-series stuff and customer service. Call me one of those "right people to kiss their ass" if you want. But believe me, I wouldn't go around with this *free advertising* unless I meant it. I would never trust anyone with my RSX like I do with Lee and the Cybernation crew.
 

·
Out on bail
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
wunluv said:
Ummm, 2 examples offthe top of my head:

Xcell: never dyno tuned, fastest RSX to date= 11.9 1/4 mile.... Did I mention he was never dyno tuned, running off that "Radio Shack Black Magic"?

Passnubye: first time and first run ever at the track= 118 mph trap speed. 13.5 at 118... does that not say enough about the power Cyber kits are putting out???

I respect SFP, I've seen some fast cars out of there. But my respect for Cyber is a few notches above, especially when it comes to K-series stuff and customer service. Call me one of those "right people to kiss their ass" if you want. But believe me, I wouldn't go around with this *free advertising* unless I meant it. I would never trust anyone with my RSX like I do with Lee and the Cybernation crew.

Well said. I do take back what I said if sfp hasn't made any of these ridiculous child-like comments ive been reading on the threads. If they do stand behind these comments, though, then i lose every ounce of respect for them. Don't bash cybernation even if they did have serious problems, which they don't. There should be some good sportsmanship and some maturity in either case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
he said he is a good customer for SFP, dont blame them about their customers bashing on other tuners...hey, even CN has those kinds of customers...especially bashing on Greddy kits...but anyways my point is, let them(customers) do the talking, but dont blame SFP about it...

and no...IM NOT A SFP CUSTOMER OR I DONT WORK FOR THEM...thanks~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
SoLoSpEeD101 said:
he said he is a good customer for SFP, dont blame them about their customers bashing on other tuners...hey, even CN has those kinds of customers...especially bashing on Greddy kits...but anyways my point is, let them(customers) do the talking, but dont blame SFP about it...

and no...IM NOT A SFP CUSTOMER OR I DONT WORK FOR THEM...thanks~

My point exactly :iamwiths: ..

For those of you that have been into FI Hondas longer than just RSX era, you'll agree with me; this is a vicious cycle w/every car or FI kit that comes out..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but a Customer making a manufacturer or tuner look bad, remember there are two sides to every story..If you cannot tune the car yourself, you most likely have no business talking about how another shop tunes a car..

All of these turbo kits can produce large hp numbers in the hands of the right tuner, enough bashing guys..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
bluesiTYPER said:
My point exactly :iamwiths: ..

For those of you that have been into FI Hondas longer than just RSX era, you'll agree with me; this is a vicious cycle w/every car or FI kit that comes out..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but a Customer making a manufacturer or tuner look bad, remember there are two sides to every story..If you cannot tune the car yourself, you most likely have no business talking about how another shop tunes a car..

All of these turbo kits can produce large hp numbers in the hands of the right tuner, enough bashing guys..
:iamwiths:
 

·
Out on bail
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
Well if thats the case then i take back my comment. It's just that ive seen a few nasty posts by sfp customers and it makes me wonder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
Just have Cybernation come out with their stage III vs. whatever SFP has and run it at the track
 

·
Out on bail
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
ryan34o said:
how do you know?
I've never seen you post anything useful, because all you ever do is go from post to post and try to prove everyone wrong. Maybe if I was being 100% serious all the time and having backup for my quick posts, then i'd have an answer for you. I actually try not to piss off people like you, and don't say you don't, cuz you've pissed me off in at least 4 posts before.
Thanks for asking though, gg :thumbsup: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
XxThInKxX said:
I've never seen you post anything useful, because all you ever do is go from post to post and try to prove everyone wrong. Maybe if I was being 100% serious all the time and having backup for my quick posts, then i'd have an answer for you. I actually try not to piss off people like you, and don't say you don't, cuz you've pissed me off in at least 4 posts before.
Thanks for asking though, gg :thumbsup: .
:iamwiths:
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top