Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Shaking Steering Wheel

682 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  04RSXTC 
#1 · (Edited)
Yesterday while driving home, I was making a left turn but made it too wide and ran into a curb pretty hard... :dontknow: Anyways, my rims are curbed really fucking bad and my steering wheel now shakes when I got faster than 60+mph. What do you think happened? Could my alignment have messed up because of that?

#2 ·
First: How the fuck do you make a LEFT turn too wide? I'm betting you suck at driving, because if you drove correctly, you would have hit the left lane on the street you were entering, making any possibility of hitting a curb null and void. Second, you have fucked up your alignment. You have probably also damaged your tie rods.

#5 ·
Take your car to a good alignment shop. Tell them the story, they will give the car a good look over and give you the bad news. It's most likely that you have some bent components, some of them, like the lower control arm, are designed to give under impact to reduce the chance of more expensive damage, like to the car frame. Get the problem parts replaced and then get it aligned. You may also need new rims. You might be lucky and get away with a couple of hundred, or you might end up like me when my kid curbed by wife's KIA, one new rim and one new control arm, 750 bucks, and that's with me doing all the work.

#10 ·
How's the steering? Is it still centered? Does it pull to one direction? Could have possibly knocked some weights off the wheel/tire. Most likely the alignment is off as well. Just have it aligned and have the wheel re-balanced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.