Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my shitty HID replica bulb shattered on the drive home today. there are pieces of it at the bottom of the headlight casing (the little semi circle part). does anyone know any ways of getting the little pieces of glass out without having to take off the bumper. is there going to be any harm done if i leave the pieces of glass in there? help asap. thx.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
i think the pieces of glass will scratch the chrome inside

take out the bumper/light and remove the glass..it's the only real way to do it.

if you're scared to do it urself...msg perfectg on this board...he has a shop in vancouver and his prices seem reasonable :)

or get to know the ppl on the BC forum...maybe if u came to a meet someone would do it for free :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its just the main concern is am i going to do any significant damage if its left alone for like 2 weeks until i have the time to get it looked at?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That same shitty thing happened to me!!!!!!!!!!....that's when I decided to get hids.

What you do is take the remaining bulb out. get a straw (a mcdonald straw is good because it's pretty big) some how tape it to an end of a shop vac hose , stick the straw into the light housing and suck the little bits and pieces out.

When that happened to me ....the explosion left a cloudly residue mark inside the interior of the housing!!..so it looks kinda cloudly.

The staw trick works pretty well try it.

OHH! don't waste your time and money on fake hids ....just suck it up and invest in some real ones!!

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i will try that idea.... im in the midst of trying to figure out with hids to get visons 6000k or xenondepot 6000k ... im leaning towards visions because of the ease of install.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I don't know anything about vision but I went with xenondepot because of the philips ballast and bulbs. Not hard to install at all.

OHH, Vancouver is one of my favorite cities!!!!! Your luck to live there!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey the same thing happened to me too!! 10 min after I installed them too. I still havent removed the shattered pieces yet though...and it didnt fog up my headlights either.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
That sux guys...I plan on real HID's soon. The xenondepot 6000K look great on the RSX. I had one following me a few weeks ago and it was sick:thumbsup: Even cooler with the OEM fogs + hyperwhite bulbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts