Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
master synchro mesher
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 bird droppings and someone's spit. all three left blemishes in my paint after only being there for a few days. it looks like the paint has raised slightly and is a little more dull than the surrounding areas. pisses me off because i left the stuff there because i just waxed my car about a month ago and i thought the paint would have enough protection. should i even bother getting a clay bar or is my paint damaged for good?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have had a birdbomb on my car for about 4 hours before I removed it and in that short time it etched the paint so deeply that I could not remove it, even with a rotarty. It really depends on what the bird has been eating. I would personally try meguiars #83 dual action cleaner polish by hand with a terry cotton towel as an applicator, then your normal wax.

·
i ❤ macro.
2,252 Posts
I have left bird droppings splattered all over my car for the day, and it doesn't look like anything happened to it (this was last week actually). My car was really shiny that day and it was parked right in front of the building where the birds like to hang out. They made a party out of my hood, windshield, moonroof, etc. When I got home I sprayed it down and wiped, it was so cold out the water was freezing onto the paint, but I managed to get most of it off, kind of. The following day it was raining so I got up early before work and washed it with my mitt with only the mitt, car wash, and rain. I am crazy. :laughing:

Anyway, wax can only do that much, and if it's already a month old since you last applied, the protection you are receiving is not going to be super high. I would also recommend using a cleaner wax/polish to "buff" out the surface, and then follow through with a regular wax. Remember not to apply too much pressure, a lot of you seem to do that, and you really don't need to...that will only cause potential swirl marks.

Claybar only makes sense if there is still some residue on the surface. You could try that before the polish to see if that helps to remove any leftover grime.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah, birdshit is no joke. I left for a week and came back only to find birdshit on it. When I cleaned it off, it had eaten THROUGH the paint, down to the metal!! Anytime I see birdshit now, I take it off immediately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.