Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if clubRSX still sells the shift boot adaptor (for connecting optional shift knobs)... i believe it's the same adaptor included w/ the Acura/Honda made shift knobs...

Also, i can't seem to locate this at any dealer... with this part number 08999-BAK-100 (from previous posts). Anyways, if anyone can help... i'm gonna get my momo shift knob in and seen others use rubber o-rings and zip ties but they look funky imo.

ATTN Chris: I can't find this anywhere in the store... is it still availabe for sale? Thanks!

·
Registered
914 Posts
i have one..
and the part number is correct..

just call the parts and services department and ask them to check if they get 08999-bak-100..
if they dun, then ask them to check into other dealers...

thats what happened to me..
and i have it now.
:thumbsup:

·
what the problem is ?
3,875 Posts
i think it looks very ugly with the adapter, i would never buy it, its so ugly, but thats just my opinion

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
I have 50 on order and I hope they will be in stock next week.

bp82rsxs are you sure you know what we are talking about? It is a little round adapter piece that allows you to flush mount the shift boot to the shift knob.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Chris, is the shift boot adapter (08999-BAK-100) the same one that comes with the OEM aluminum shift knob? If I order the aluminum knob from anywhere will I get a 08999-BAK-100 with it?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Are we talking bout the stuff that you get when you buy the aluminum shift knob ? The nut, boot ring, and that plastic tube that holds the boot up? If so, I need that plastic piece and if anyone has one let me know!

·
what the problem is ?
3,875 Posts
thats the one im talking about, i doesnt look good at all with the JDM shift knob :shakehea: IMO

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
i dont have a pic, but the only thing in between the shift knob and the shift boot adapter is the nut, u cant see the shaft....

basically its=shiftboot-shiftboot adapter-nut-shift knob, with no exposed shaft...ewwwwww i cant believe i typed nut, knob, and shaft in the same sentence:spin:

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
i got the adaptor, i'll take pics later, it looks great, and works great.. dont talk smack about it!

G

·
need some help here, ijust bought a momo shift knob and im havin this same problem. i took off the silver ring off my stock boot (plastic thing that came with car) so now shift boot is being held up by nothing. to get my momo connected to the boot, all i need is this adapter kit?

also, is it black?

any pics?

thanks muchO!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.