Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, help me out...this is what I've been thinkin, I was thinking about gettin two shift lite. One i would put on the left driver side air vent, and the other one I would put in the right driver side air vent. The left one would light on at about 7900 rpm, which would be the one I will be watching when racing, and the other shift lite ( the one in the right side air vent) would be for normal driving, set at about 3000rpm. Can this be done? Or if I can jus use one of the shift lite, and have a switch allowing me to make it light at 3500 or 7900. Can any of these ideas be done??????:dontknow: :confused:

thanks in advance for tose who answer and give advice!:thumbsup: :D

G

·
You could do this, but I think its a bit much..just install one. The vent is a good place..props if you can get it in there..tried to do it on my car but it ended up behind the pull down coin tray on the left side.

If you wanted to go with your original idea, you'd just connect them in parallel to your tach signal and power, set each one independently.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
not bashing the idea, cause im sure there is a purpose... but what is the purpose? i mean for normal driving, you shift at 3000 every time? and for racing, wouldnt it just be easier to learn the sound and feel of the engine at 7900rpms?

sorry if this is a dumb question but ive always wondered why the're needed. :dontknow:

by the way, according to electronics, just hook them in parallel however it is they get hooked up, but regaurdless of purpose and use and what not, on a personal opinion, I think youd look a little "off" if you had 2 tachs with a shift light, in addition to the one straight in front of you... might wanna hide one or get one thats easily settable, how often do you race that you can switch it over to 7900?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha...i dont want two tachs, i jus want the shift light that can be hidden in my ac vent. No one would even know theyre there but me.

·
Gold Fancy!!
1,551 Posts
im planning to wire up an autometer module with a 7900 pill to the factor alarm light (the light located in the dach..lower left hand coner. if u sit in your car and lock it you'll see it flash. not the raidio light..) that would be cool.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha..hey good idea, i never thought about that...good luck and post up some pics when your done..:thumbsup:

·
Gold Fancy!!
1,551 Posts
well i wanna have to modules, one with a 3500 pill and the other module with a 7900 pill. the thing is i want the light to light up and stay lit up but when it reaches 7900 i want to strobe. like this sort of.
3500________________________________7900- - - - - - - - - -
____ being the steady light and ------- being the strobing. does anybody know if this is possible, and if so would you know how to do it? if not im just gonna go with one module with the 7900 pill.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, I emailed and asked the guy from autometer and he told me that you would need two kits to accomplish this. You would therefore need two shift light, two rpm module, and two set of pill kits. One pill kit will be in the 3000 rpm and the other pill kit will be in the 7000 rpm. But yeah...during spring break i will be purchansing the parts and hopefully install them. When I'm done I'll post up pics.:D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
979 Posts
hmmmm strange i think a second shift light waste of money. U dont have to shift at 3000 rpms all the time. daily driving u shouldnt even look at ur tach what for? just shift wen u feel it. i cant imagine lookin at a light every yime i shift in NYC traffic would go insane.

Now for racing thats s good idea since its better to get the exact shift point all the time.( cant waste even.001 seconds in a race.) IMO get one or how bout wire a pill to an LED (blue my fave but red is nice matches ur car) then install the led in the vent thingy LEDs are mad bright when on but when off u cant even see them there. I beleive some one on 2k1civic.com wired a pill to an LED. good luck pal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts