Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed sometihng I'm not sure if anyone else here has noticed the same thing though. I have a 2003 base 5 speed. When i'm just conservatively shifting i notice that i just usually have to depress the clutch about half way to shift up the next gear since i guess there isn't that much gas going through the engine at that point. However, the second i start to floor the engine and do WOT, if i try to only depress the clutch like half way, i can either miss my shift or rish grinding gears and in these cases, i havwe to depress the clutch ALL the way down to the floor, and shit. NOw, does anyone else experience this at all? is this just normal/natural for the RSX thanks! It's not a big deal i was just wondering.

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you know what I mean. You acn either no about 60% or so down to the floor or all the way down. Whenever you shift, you always depress the clutch all the way down?

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
Well you know what I mean. You acn either no about 60% or so down to the floor or all the way down. Whenever you shift, you always depress the clutch all the way down?
if you dont you are putting undue stress on the clutch....

if you notice you can also change gears without ever pressing the clutch pedal at all....I wonder why then the car company would put a clutch in there. To make everything last longer you want to apply as little stress as possible to them.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've also heard by other poeple that if you install an aftermarket short shift kit, that'll lower the life of then tranny completely since the tranny was not originally built with the shofrt shift kit. Is any of this true? Thanks. Same story /other aftermarket things such as intakes, exhausts, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts