Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bossin
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started occasionally hitting up the track this summer and im still trying to work on my driving. I've been trying to break into 14's. The closest I've come is 15.04 or something like that. I think its my shifting and this is what I wanted to ask. For EVERY shift should I still be in vtec after my rpms drop in order to get a decent time? Ive been having a hard time getting it to stay within the crossover range 5800+. I miss it by 300-400 rpms. I've been shifting as fast as i can at redline. Are you guys still in vtec after every shift?

My mods are I/RH/E/ESSMI

·
Registered
459 Posts
yes u should still be in vtec after everyshift, with more practice it should get better and u should be like mid 14's with those mods

·
My torque is low like
12,935 Posts
I just started occasionally hitting up the track this summer and im still trying to work on my driving. I've been trying to break into 14's. The closest I've come is 15.04 or something like that. I think its my shifting and this is what I wanted to ask. For EVERY shift should I still be in vtec after my rpms drop in order to get a decent time? Ive been having a hard time getting it to stay within the crossover range 5800+. I miss it by 300-400 rpms. I've been shifting as fast as i can at redline. Are you guys still in vtec after every shift?

My mods are I/RH/E/ESSMI
I don't know how you couldn't still be in VTEC after a shift unless it's RRREEEAAALLL slow or your not revving high enough (my guess). Try shifting a little past redline next time and see what happens ;)

and yeah you should run atleast mid 14 already :thumbsup:

·
11.6 @ 123mph
2,303 Posts
ya dude you must be shifting as soon as you hit vtec to be falling out of it

·
2003 NBP__n/a all the way
588 Posts
every track is a little different........buy you should break in the 14's with those mods......I did 14.9 stock at new england dragway in epping.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts