1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best run of the night...:shakehead
RT - .607
60' - 2.660
Trap - 75.1mph
Time - 10.022
:thumbsdow

Street tires at 35psi, 50ish lbs of subwoofer and amp in trunk, plus spare tire and tools. Nothing taken out, pretty sure that 100lbs is not the reason my times so bad.

Running the 75 shot. For some reason, kicks like a 35 shot :confused:. I think i'm having the same problems bflaker was having. I still have 6lbs of nitrous left in the tank and running the bottle pressure at 950psi. Its like unless there's 8lbs or more its fine. First run at the track, i could barely get traction, think the 75 shot was actually working, but the tree fucked up so i couldn't get those times. Then everything after that i was in the 10s. Anyone got ideas? Bad bottle?

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
Hum.....I'm still not 100% sure that mine was a bottle problem, but I'm 99% sure it was. I still have to take the valve out to check it. I'm using a ZEX bottle right now and so far it's working good, but I've only sprayed a couple times with it so the bottle is still pretty full. I would try filling the bottle again and see if it fixes it. If so, then I think you may have a bad syphon too.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do either you guys have a purge system hooked up? I'm gonna try running the bottle at 1050-1100psi. Thinking maybe these dynotune gauges read low or something and/or maybe theres a huge pressure drop when sprayed, wish i had the gauge mounted right in front of my eyes.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
not sure with a 100 shot but i run a 75 and i can spray about 3-4 good 3rd gear pulls and only have about 50psi drop depending on how much is in the bottle but i dont think you'll ever see a drastic drop like 2 or 3 hundred psi unless your running something big like a 150-250 shot

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
Do either you guys have a purge system hooked up? I'm gonna try running the bottle at 1050-1100psi. Thinking maybe these dynotune gauges read low or something and/or maybe theres a huge pressure drop when sprayed, wish i had the gauge mounted right in front of my eyes.
I have a purge, but it's mainly for show. I've found that not using it helps to not spin the tires as much in 2nd gear. Trust me, even without a purge, you should feel the nitrous hit hard. That's why I knew something was wrong with my bottle. At first I thought the problem was the purge too. But then I got the purge and it still wasn't hitting hard when my bottle got to around 7lbs of nitrous. I've got a spare ZEX bottle in my car now, and so far it's sprayed good every time. I've only used it for 2 1/4 mile passes and a few quick hits on the street, so right about now is when my old bottle would puss out. I'm gonna try it again tonight and see how she runs. I'm fairly certain everything will work fine and I should be able to get a handful more runs in on this spare bottle. Then it will be time to open up my old dynotune bottle and check the syphon.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a purge, but it's mainly for show. I've found that not using it helps to not spin the tires as much in 2nd gear. Trust me, even without a purge, you should feel the nitrous hit hard. That's why I knew something was wrong with my bottle. At first I thought the problem was the purge too. But then I got the purge and it still wasn't hitting hard when my bottle got to around 7lbs of nitrous. I've got a spare ZEX bottle in my car now, and so far it's sprayed good every time. I've only used it for 2 1/4 mile passes and a few quick hits on the street, so right about now is when my old bottle would puss out. I'm gonna try it again tonight and see how she runs. I'm fairly certain everything will work fine and I should be able to get a handful more runs in on this spare bottle. Then it will be time to open up my old dynotune bottle and check the syphon.
I was thinking even w/o the purge it should still hit hard. What do you usually keep your bottle pressure at before you spray? Dynotune recommends 900-950, but i've tried the 35shot at like 1100 before and its kicked my ass a lot more than the 75 shot is right now.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I was thinking even w/o the purge it should still hit hard. What do you usually keep your bottle pressure at before you spray? Dynotune recommends 900-950, but i've tried the 35shot at like 1100 before and its kicked my ass a lot more than the 75 shot is right now.
well think about it if a pill is rated to be a 35shot at say 950psi and you crank the pressure up to 1100 or 1050psi then it actually becomes a bigger shot because your craming more through it i dont think its going to much bigger of a shot but its obvisiouly enought to notice... i do spray my shots at 1000psi tho...just my thoughts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called up dynotune, the guy said that 35-75 is not that big of a jump so feelwise I shouldn't really feel anything by the seat of my pants. He also said that 6lbs is getting low. I mean if 6/10 is low, what's the point of getting a 10lb bottle then:dontknow:? I guess unless i get a dyno done with the 6lbs of nitrous proving i'm not making the same HP than with a full bottle, maybe then they'll believe me.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
ha jumping from a 35 to a 75 shot should have a pretty good kick to it i moved from 50 to 75 and it felt like a whole new car.... and just out of curiosity how does your catback sound and does it have a res in it? (loudness/tone)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea it has a resonator, I got one welded on because it was extremely loud. But now its 3.5/5 for loudness and tone is pretty good, pretty good, got a nice deep rumble. Once in a while though i get that raspy/farty noise which I don't like.

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
3lbs is getting low not 6, and to agree with Ravelin you will feel a difference between 35 and 75. Under the right conditions you will be able to tell the difference between a .028 jet and .030 jet (I have).

·
RIP 2/4/2009
4,736 Posts
do any of you guys have a pressure regulated heater?
Ever tune your car? (Got k-pro?)

No k-pro, no tune, also without a pressure regulated heater you can not tune, without a tune your 75 shot might be somewhere between -25 and 75, depending on how out of tune you are, and don't forget bottle pressure changes the tune (thus the need for a pressure regulated heater), as bottle pressure changes from 1000 down to 900 your tune is now adding 10% too much fuel, less critical for the smaller shots, but that much extra fuel from a 75 can have a serious negative impact on performance.

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
do any of you guys have a pressure regulated heater?
Ever tune your car? (Got k-pro?)

No k-pro, no tune, also without a pressure regulated heater you can not tune, without a tune your 75 shot might be somewhere between -25 and 75, depending on how out of tune you are, and don't forget bottle pressure changes the tune (thus the need for a pressure regulated heater), as bottle pressure changes from 1000 down to 900 your tune is now adding 10% too much fuel, less critical for the smaller shots, but that much extra fuel from a 75 can have a serious negative impact on performance.
100% correct, I didn't bring that up because its kind of a "given" with nitrous.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
i had one from dynotune but it started leaking so i just keep an eye on my pressure since its right behind me but yeah deff a good thing to have if your bottle is in trunk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I spray at 1000 with heater on, 2nd through 4th doesn't drop under 950 that's with the 100 shot. Have a dynotune kit loving it so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts