Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i come back from a sobeys at 11pm tonight. i see a nice shopping cart plowed right into my passenger side door. Parked far away too, couldn't see any stray carts. Left a nice deep dent + scratch. Im going back tomorrow when the manager's on duty to check the tapes. But i have some questions.

If the tapes show somebody pushing it then running, will my insurance cover the repair (and my rates wont be effected).

Should i file a police report? Im thinking not to, im afraid it might come up on the UVIP when I try to sell it .

·
I♥MyDc5
5,852 Posts
i dont think is a shopping cart dent/scratch will affect you trying to sell you car in the future in any way. you'll be fine. just call your insurance tomorrow..or monday and ask them what steps you need to take.

·
Registered
63 Posts
^ Insurance generally has a deductible which often exceeds the cost of the repair on small damage.
Doesn't insurance premium go up as well?

I've got a $1000-1200 worth of repairing to do and $600-900 body and exterior.
I have $500 deductible.

Do you think it is good idea to fix the problems?

Please someone help me. :confused:

·
Ings+1
4,262 Posts
Doesn't insurance premium go up as well?

I've got a $1000-1200 worth of repairing to do and $600-900 body and exterior.
I have $500 deductible.

Do you think it is good idea to fix the problems?

Please someone help me. :confused:
your insurance will go up... usually its better to fix it with ur own money

·
Rally Sport Xperimental
1,693 Posts
pics of dent

·
purbread.com
7,717 Posts
most likely its best to pay to fix it yourself
insurance will not put it at fault on someone else
your premium will go up
the manager will prob give u a hard time on seeing the tape as well since its something so small, even if its someone else's fault its still 50/50 on insurance cos its private lot

·
Registered
35 Posts
Complain to the manager about his shopping carts being left unattended in the parking lot. I did this, as did a friend of mine who got hit. The manager paid for the dent removal. I think most stores have a policy about shopping carts. You won't know unless you complain.

·
Fancy 'Camshit'
1,392 Posts
Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. I'm paranoid when I park my car at the mall. Usually takes me a little bit of time to scout out an area that looks relatively safe from stray shopping carts.

I used to work at a store one summer, and I've seen carts plowing into cars. It always created a commotion, and sucked big time for the driver. Why are people such lazy asses. Bring the cart back to the store, or to one of those designated cart drop off areas. No wonder the obesity rate in North America is so damn high. No offense to anyone btw... it's just damn wrong :thumbsdow

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts
Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. I'm paranoid when I park my car at the mall. Usually takes me a little bit of time to scout out an area that looks relatively safe from stray shopping carts.

I used to work at a store one summer, and I've seen carts plowing into cars. It always created a commotion, and sucked big time for the driver. Why are people such lazy asses. Bring the cart back to the store, or to one of those designated cart drop off areas. No wonder the obesity rate in North America is so damn high. No offense to anyone btw... it's just damn wrong :thumbsdow
:iamwiths:

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Sounds deliberate. Especially if you said you parked a distance away. I know some pranksters kids like to target kids that are parked ridiculously far from everyone else. Guess they think it's a snobby gesture.

I tried to make sure there's no stray carts around in case the "wind" might smash it in my car. I would fix it out of your own pocket.

·
Always Brave
67,135 Posts
so i come back from a sobeys at 11pm tonight. i see a nice shopping cart plowed right into my passenger side door. Parked far away too, couldn't see any stray carts. Left a nice deep dent + scratch. Im going back tomorrow when the manager's on duty to check the tapes. But i have some questions.

If the tapes show somebody pushing it then running, will my insurance cover the repair (and my rates wont be effected).

Should i file a police report? Im thinking not to, im afraid it might come up on the UVIP when I try to sell it .
What is sobeys?

Police report is only really good if they have cameras right, not sure if they do..
I'd prolly be worth it to fix it out of pocket just in case your insurance will rise for filing a claim...

and it might be less then the deductible anyways, or only a couple hundred more.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts