Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
N/A to go please...
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
I have the Revo and love it. No problems yet (knock on wood). A few people have posted complaining of them breaking, but I would guesstimate that's less than 1% of the total sales.

The Revo does click after install. When you install the Revo, you have to remove a metal retaining clip that holds your shift linkage cable in place. When you put it back, it's impossible to put that clip back on properly as you've bent it out of shape to get it off, so it's kinda sitting there (the shift link cable is still held in very securely, though.) If you leave it, it will <clink> when you shift as it moves about. Most people put a piece of tape to hold it down to prevent this. I did, but I'm guessing the tape has released a bit, because I can hear a <clink> every now and again.

Peace

WhiZ
 

·
clubrsx NO-BODY
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
dlow... i want to drive your car around at the meet !!! or at least just sit in it... hahaa !!! i really want a short shift kit.. but i am worried about the notchiness !! haha
 

·
N/A to go please...
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
tb's type-s said:
B&M>REVO

-Tony
If this opinion is based on the fact that some people have reported their Revo's snapping, that is not fair. The B&M has not been out long enough to judge its long-term strength. Not to mention that the B&M costs nearly twice what the Revo does.

However, I certainly cannot argue that based on the pics I've seen, the B&M certainly *looks* like a very solid piece of equipment.

Peace

WhiZ
 

·
N/A to go please...
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
hamsup said:
dlow... i want to drive your car around at the meet !!! or at least just sit in it... hahaa !!! i really want a short shift kit.. but i am worried about the notchiness !! haha
J, you can always take mine for a spin if you want to feel the difference on the short shifter.

Peace

WhiZ
 

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
Joined
·
866 Posts
WhiZ said:
If this opinion is based on the fact that some people have reported their Revo's snapping, that is not fair. The B&M has not been out long enough to judge its long-term strength. Not to mention that the B&M costs nearly twice what the Revo does.

However, I certainly cannot argue that based on the pics I've seen, the B&M certainly *looks* like a very solid piece of equipment.

Peace

WhiZ
I wrote a lengthly review when I installed the B&M several weeks ago and it is FAR superior to the Revo. There are a few members who switched from the revo to the B&M and they also felt that the B&M was a better peice of equipment in every way. Go read my thread and you will see why I and many other people feel this way. The fact that the revo habitually snaps does not even need to be taken into consideration when comparing the two shifters because the B&M is such a better, more solid peice.
-Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
?!?! I went to order the B & M ss today at a local shop, and the guys says that they discontinued making it for rsx???? Im not too sure if this is true..... maybe he jus cant get it and wants me to buy sumthing he has?...
Question is, .... is this guys BSing me or it is true?
thx guys

~Mike
 

·
N/A to go please...
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
tb's type-s said:
I wrote a lengthly review when I installed the B&M several weeks ago and it is FAR superior to the Revo. There are a few members who switched from the revo to the B&M and they also felt that the B&M was a better peice of equipment in every way. Go read my thread and you will see why I and many other people feel this way. The fact that the revo habitually snaps does not even need to be taken into consideration when comparing the two shifters because the B&M is such a better, more solid peice.
-Tony
Aha! I'd lost this thread... Somebody moved it here. :)

I'm not disagreeing with you Tony. I whole-heartedly agree that the B&M appears to be a much more solid piece. I'm just questioning if it's worth twice the $$$ when many people (such as myself) have been very happy with their Revos.

Personally, if I had to do it over again, I'd be hard-pressed to justify an extra $100 for a short-shifter, but that might be just me.

Somebody posted they put some JB weld on their Revo for some peace of mind. For the $5 it costs, it might not give the same strength the B&M seems to have, but I'll bet it comes close! :)

Peace

WhiZ
 

·
JDM in the Werks
Joined
·
524 Posts
doesn't the B&M not lower the height, just the throws?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top