Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Honda Integra
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay I found an rsx abp. 2002 33k miles the body is in good shape, has lip kit all the way around, aem cai intake, hid kit, hid fog lights, cross drilled rotors, lowered. The delearship wants $12,000. Now the car has no speakers in it and an aftermarket radio looks like the previous owner took out the speakers and subs so they are waiting on parts. It has been raining for the past couple days so I looked in the trunk and there was water where the spare tire sits. I looked in the fog lights and there seemed to be water in the fog light too. I am wondering if the person drove it thro a puddle and sucked water in possibly feared hydrolocking it and traded it in on a new civic si. I had them raise the car after running it for 5 minutes to check and see what the bottom looked like, now there was oil building up around the front left side... kinda near the trans maybe, i would say within a foot directly behind the passenger tire. what could this be? I asked if they just did an oil change on it they said no. now they are going to check out the whole car I put a 100 down so the car is mine based on test drive and extent of damage (radio, oil, water etc...) a car dealership cannot sell a car with problems, and the price is at 12 so due to what comes back and how much money they have to put into it to fix the problems it is mine. I am not going to buy the car unless I can get a warrenty that will cover it (powertrain at least) til at least 60k miles. I have to buy a car from some kind of dealer and not private due to no credit first time buyer.... any opinions....

·
Lurker
34,690 Posts
yea, i would only think about purchasing the vehicle if u can get a esp on it. if not, then i would keep looking around

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
its prob. leaking from the tailight and an axle might be shot or the boot ripped, thats why you see oil, check it out. i still think you have factory warranty left since u only have 32k, u can take it to the dealer and they will fix it regardless...

·
Registered
355 Posts
I wouldn't get it. That's a headache waiting to happen. You never wanna buy someone else's modded car (especially the condition that car is in) unless you know them personally. And I agree with Leonard on carfax. If i were you I'd look else where, there's other rsxs' in better conditions I'm sure.

·
booosstteeeddd rsx-s
310 Posts
i would buy it because that sounds like a normal rsx to me i woudlnt buy a base tho... just ask them to do a comp test infront of u.... and if its all over the place i wouldnt buy it but the tail light can be fixed wit a lil bit of silicone...my trunk use to fill up wit water all the time and i put sum silicone inbetween the foam gasket and tail light and fixed that problem.... and the oil is probably from a prevous oil change if its on the sub frame...

·
I-VTEC, DO YOU?
2,191 Posts
acura should already cover it upto 70k miles.. i say if the title is clean and things 12k is a steal for that car

nvm i was thinkin it was a type-s but 12k still isnt bad for the low miles

·
日本に住んで&#
803 Posts
I got mine for 17K from the dealership, and with all the extra fees and whatnot, 18K. It is an 'o3 Type S in near perfect condition. I got it at that price with only 18,000 miles with an extended warranty to 70K miles(I think).
I would definately pass that particular Rsx up. I'm sure another one in better condition will show up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.