Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
it is what it is...
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an Injen CAI from a buddy for $150CDN., (pretty good deal i think), and I'm wondering if I should change/recharge the filter, since I have no clue how many kms are on this filter...

Also, I am missing 2 of the hoses for the CAI. One is the thicker hose that connects to the valve cover, the other is the thinner one. I searched a part list for the Type S CAI, but the only thing i found was one that someone posted for a base model, not sure if its the same so if anyone could help with the proper hose sizes so that i can go buy them, it would help.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
well since it isn't installed yet, you might as well recharge it now and be done with it for a while. how many miles has the filter been on?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
well since it isn't installed yet, you might as well recharge it now and be done with it for a while. how many miles has the filter been on?
LOL Read the BOLD

I just picked up an Injen CAI from a buddy for $150CDN., (pretty good deal i think), and I'm wondering if I should change/recharge the filter, since I have no clue how many kms are on this filter...

Also, I am missing 2 of the hoses for the CAI. One is the thicker hose that connects to the valve cover, the other is the thinner one. I searched a part list for the Type S CAI, but the only thing i found was one that someone posted for a base model, not sure if its the same so if anyone could help with the proper hose sizes so that i can go buy them, it would help.

Thanks.

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
The bitch of cleaning them is getting them off - since it is already off you might as well clean it, or put a new one on.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Thanks.
Yeah they're the same hoses....base model or type S. I would personally just replace the filter---who knows how old it is, the recharge kit works well, but then again--ain't nuthin' like a brand new one either. You probably stumbled across my old post. Here's a section of it again for your reference:

2 Vacumm Hoses--

--1st Hose Size: 20" length---8mm Diameter (Red/Black/Blue color)
Injen part# 3091
--2nd Hose Size: 18" length---17mm Diameter (Red/Black/Blue color)
Injen part# 3080

As for the two hoses...you should be able to get those at autozone or somewhere like that....they're just generic vacum hoses....if you can find silicone hoses online from a Turbo manufacture, those would 'look' the best, but are more expensive. A cheaper route would be to use some black rubber hose that is 'heat resistant'...that should work just fine.

A link for the install if you need it:

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SSIICAI.html

-J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts