Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so my car is in the shop right now getting my konis installed.

well the dude that works there called me and asked if i wanted the whole JDM ITR catback exhuast for 80$.
its from an integra type r. 2.5'

he said he had it on his rsx for 3 months, not much sound difference but he said u can feel more power.

what do u guys think? deal or no deal? should i ask more questions? what questions should i ask?

[edit]
well i went to the shop to pick up my car after the koni installation.
have a few bugs im worried about, first thing is, i noticed that the front is sitting slightly higher than the rear, the rear has the sagging look which I HATE! how can i fix this?
also, im hearing some lose screws or bolts from the rear, im guessing its the same problem i had last time, seems to be coming from the top hat.

and as for the jdm itr exhaust, here are photos. there are some dents, but i told him id give him an answer by friday, what do you guys think? its 80$ flat.

now the question is, if i get this installed what kinda header i should get? with my injen cai

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just called back, i asked if its authentic, he said it is.

i asked if therse any problems, he said i gaurantee u there isnt, if there is return it, we'll give you a receipt.

i asked why is it on sale for so cheap when its used for 3 months.
he said theeir team has 3 rsxs which went turbo and changed to some mufller called atr or some shit iunno man i was hopping u guys can tell me.

·
Registered
25,817 Posts
If you are keeping ur stock exhaust I would get it, 80 is a pretty good price, just make sure u check everything is install propertly and check for any damage and cracks on the cat, u never know.

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i will.. ill have a friend go with me to check it out since im not to familiar with these things. and yes im keeping my stock.

·
Registered
318 Posts
ok i will.. ill have a friend go with me to check it out since im not to familiar with these things. and yes im keeping my stock.
yeah that would be a good idea. someone who knows about exhausts and what not to make sure its properly installed and has no problems.

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
All I see is just the axle back. The inlet part of the muffler looks in rough shape. Just make sure it's not rusted through. I can't tell from the pictures. If it looks alright and it comes with the midpipe, then go for it.

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
All I see is just the axle back. The inlet part of the muffler looks in rough shape. Just make sure it's not rusted through. I can't tell from the pictures. If it looks alright and it comes with the midpipe, then go for it.

well the guy said i can put this on with the stock pipes i have on a type s, is that fine?

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
sounds like it's just the axle back. Won't do much if it's just the axle back.

·
Stock or Bust
3,259 Posts
dont go for it.i have jdm exhaust and no diff. at all.
waste of time.get spoon n1 if you want some diference
well many people buy different aftermarket exhaust and almost all the time expirence no difference at all, of course there are exceptions. but the point is, a good amount of people buy exhausts for the sound assuming they know a thing or two about the potential gains(which usually are none that would allow a person to notice).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.