Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...so i have a k20a (type-r motor) and my friend wants to sell me his nitrous bottle for 40-50 bucks (im trying to convince him 2 sell it for 40). how much would i cost for me to buy the hoses, solenoids, and maybe a bottle heater/opener? i also want a blowdown pipe and possibly a purge valve. how much on average would this cost me including installation?? im also getting the kpro so im really thinking about this!!!! not only that but im scared to mess up the motor so would it be worth it if i only used a 30 or 40 shot with this setup??? is it safe with 11.5:1 compression!?! thx in advance!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
eh, if you wanna be a tester and try the stuff, other than hondata, don't know of anyone else thats run nitrous with the k-pro.

I'd simply get a new wet kit, if you wanted nitrous, although, i really wouldn't recommend it. If i was goin with "r" stuff, i'd definatly stick to the n/a route.

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
get the bottle...its worth $40 just as a mantel piece

if you want a nitrous and fuel solenoid they are generally like $100 or so each and then pickup a genx2 kit and your golden...that puts you at maybe $500-600 including the bottle for a full kit

and i have no idea what john smith is talking about with a 30-40 shot...even with the .5 higher compression i don't see a problem with a k20a going for at least a 75 shot

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
well, add that in with the ecu, which is more advanced timing, and you're no longer just walkin in the park.

i don't know of any itr's over on that side that are spraying, though i'm sure there are some.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea it probably wouldnt be that smart either since the hihgest gas i can get is 91 and tahts already low for my motor

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yeah, you just have to pick your route, and your mods follow that route. you're goin' n/a, so no reason to even look for nitrous or a turbo :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey freekboy! My friend owes me a Nitrous bottle since he knocked mine over and cracked it... but would your friend be interested in sellin it for $50 to him? (if he still has it that is) If so... email me at [email protected] and we can talk about it. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts