Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had my 2003 automatic RSX Base model for about 2 years now and I've been go to school to earn my associates degree in auto tech. I'm just wondering if I should keep my my RSX in the hopes of modifying it like engine swap and etc? I've been told that a type S would be better to modify than the base model. Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
exchange it for a Type S

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
If you like the car look into trading up to a Type-S
But we can't make up your mind about owning a car my man...
That's pretty personal

·
I Hate Honda's
1,118 Posts
I don't see the point in going through all the hassle to swap motors and transmissions when a clean Type S can be had for so cheap anymore...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't really see the point in modifying an auto tranny. Yeah you'll get somewhat better performance, but at the end of the day it is still an automatic and you dont have much control over the car. Im fairly new to this as I just purchased my DC5 a couple weeks ago. If you plan to mod i'd say sell the car and buy a stick. Many will say to buy a Type-S and that probably is the better option, but finding a low mile one in good condition is rather difficult. There's nothing wrong with buying a base model, but if you find a Type-S for the right price, make your move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts