Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of getting a PC [porter cable] or G100, but was wondering... assuming you will only polish when you see a good amount of swirls or spiderwebbing, how many times will you be able to remove those swirls or smooth out the paint before you need a new clear coat?

·
Complete Part Out
16,861 Posts
you shouldn't do a heavy polishing more than twice a year. i usually do a full clay and polish/compound twice a year and a light polish before each waxing inbetween

·
Car Care Extraordinaire
2,148 Posts
As Seth said, as long as your using it only once or twice a year your fine. Once you perfect your washing techniques, you shouldn't have to much marring. I get light swirling, but most of it can be removed or hid easily with a light polish or glaze. I use them in between my once a year big detail.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
I only polish once a year, and so far I've managed to get away with polishes (haven't had to step up to compounds)

I wouldn't compound more than once a year... in fact, I'd probably only compound every 2-3 years. And polish annually, though twice a year is probably fine.

If you find yourself wanting to polish more often, look at your washing and drying gear, see if you are leaving more swirls than you should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts