Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
are u serious?

DIY painted wheels aren't show ready, thats for sure

sorry man... not show ready... probably 80% of the ppl here have ur exact same setup (CAI, dropped, painted wheels, random bars, HIDs, black out headlights)

Reactions: timp

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
sorry bro, its not.

It looks damn good tho :thumbsup:

I'm not really into the whole "stealthy all black" look but at least you didnt blackout the tails and stuff so.... nice job.

what kinda car is that in the background in the garage 2nd pic? Looks like my dads 1976 chevy land yacht

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
Things to do before your car is ready to go to a show:
Nothing.

Things to do before your car is ready to WIN a show:
Body kit, wheels, clean&customise engine bay, sc or turbo, customise interior, custom audio, cusom paint, bla bla bla bla.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I'll be dead honest with you...the car looks clean, but it is 99% stock. Nobody without knowledge about the RSX is going to notice the black headlights didn't come that way from factory, same with the redouts. And the spoiler is just a factory option. Nobody will ever see the HID's at a carshow unless you print out a list of mod's (since most car shows are held during the day). The engine bay isn't worth showing since you can hardly see the CAI and it just looks like a big empty hole in the engine bay where the factory air box once sat. The factory wheels are not show worthy in any aspect or painted any color.....they will always just be the stock wheels. After all of that, all you have left are the strut tower bars and c-pillar bar which will not help you place in any decent car shows. Car show judges are looking for things other than stock. They want things that stand out. If you are looking to start showing your car, you have got to spend some money or be really good at customizing things on your own.

Edit: You need "bling" or some performance parts you can see if you want to show.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
this must be a joke... go to some shows first and then come back and tell us if you really think your car is ready... and i dont mean the in-and-out parking lot when there are two civics with wings and fart cannons on the back

:thumbsdown;

1 - 20 of 81 Posts