Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a weird problem with my 2002 rsx base auto. whenever im accelerating from a stop it shudders. its kind of a weird problem but it just started happening a couple days ago. like...if i press the gas very lightly it dosent shudder but when i give it normal or even more it feels like its trying to grip but jerking. also, when going into second sometimes it feels like the gear is really hard and it almost kind of throws you foward a bit. i have 56K miles...anyone have any ideas about this problem?

·
Registered
161 Posts
clutch, brakes binding, wheel balance?

When you are driving normally is it doing it, does it get worse with speed.
Does it pull to one side at all?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clutch, brakes binding, wheel balance?

When you are driving normally is it doing it, does it get worse with speed.
Does it pull to one side at all?
no it only does it when im starting from a stop...and no it dosent pull to one side. my wheels/tires/alignment should be fine. this sucks i may have to take it to get checked out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have the same problem.... but mine is worse as it does it whenever I let my foot off and back on the gas.... feels like a mount to me :thumbsdow

·
Registered
599 Posts
Oh crap :( Did you take it to the dealer, or just a repair shop? Thats so expensive :(

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
did the mounts fix the problem? We get broken mounts on the RSX in all the time, but never had a complaint about a shudder when accelerating. Sounds like torque converter to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts