Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Sun*Works Team ******
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I havent been on here enough but I never posted much about my car either so here goes!

So it's a little over a year but I figured I'd show you all the progress of my car.

April 07 as she stood stock

May 07 I installed Tein Basics, AEM CAI, DCRH, APEXi WS2, 1 15" Kicker CVX Sub, battery, and amp.

June 07 the car became Audio Oriented and was on its way to becoming an SPL competition car. Added the Alpine IVA-D300 Screen, Audio Control EQ, Alpine 4 channel amp, cap, another 15" CVX, Focal highs front and rear, and HIDs.

July 07 Disaster Strikes!! I hydroplaned into a ditch and through a fence doing $15,000 in damage to the car. I thought for sure it was totalled.

Sept 07 I finally got the car back from the body shop. In the end my amps were stolen and the screen was broken. I also decided to go in a new direction and start focusing on performance and appearance. So I started by having the body shop install the Mugen Style front lip. This is also when I began my interest into Sun*Works.

·
Sun*Works Team ******
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oct, Nov 07 With new inspiration and goals for my car I installed JDM Fogs w/ HIDs, Hondata Reflash, Hondata IMG, Buddy Club Power Condenser, Skunk2 Rear Camber Arms, Skunk2 Extended Wheel Studs, Skunk2 Lugs, Datum1 Rear Tow Hook, 17" MSR Model 138 Rims, Skunk2 Battery Tiedown, Skunk2 Oil Cap, Mugen Radiator cap, Mugen Shift Knob, Mugen Shiftboot, Pioneer AVIC-D3 Headunit, Alpine type R 12" Sub, TMA 500/1 Amp, JDM Sidemarkers and Tinted Taillights. I then turned in my application to Sun*Works and Showed for the first time at Underground Lifestyles and IFO Dallas.

Dec 07 I got into Sun*works!! I show at IFO SA.

Jan 08 I get my first win at IFO Houston, Best Civic!! Install Front Datum 1 Tow Hook.

Feb 08 Show in IFO Baton Rouge. Install Steel Braided Hoses and Greddy Catch Can.

Mar 08 Show at Import Reactor. Put on 18" Gram Light 57S Pros Chrome Polished by Ro_JA, Mugen Style Rear Lip.

·
Sun*Works Team ******
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apr 08 Show at HIN Nightshift in Austin. VIS CF Hood and Trunk, CTR CF Spoiler installed.

May 08 Mean Streets Austin and my 2nd win at Texas Tuner Showdown Dallas for Best Civic Mild! Molded Mugen Style Side Skirts into the body, cut out the lower grill, painted the roof Nighthawk Black Pearl, and resprayed the car in PPG Paint with House of Kolor Blue Pearl on top. Installed Mugen Gas Cap.

Jun 08 Take 2nd Honda Sports Car Mild at Texas Showdown Houston. Did a professional photoshoot by Costas. Installed Buddy Club N+ Coilovers, Mugen Buckskin Steering Wheel (waiting on hub), Skunk2 Megapower R Exhaust , Mugen Resevoir Covers.

Jul 08 Show at HIN Orlando with Sun*Works' Florida Chapter! Installed Weathertech window Visors, Brix-style seats, Bride fabric door inserts and center console, Megan Front lower tie bar, rear lower tie bar and H brace and NRG Stainless Riser ramps.

AUG 08 Installed NRG Quick release hub (2, one for each wheel), Mugen Buckskin Steering wheel (for shows), Personal Grinta Steering Wheel, and Valentine 1 radar detector with custom remote display.

I need to take a lot of new pictures so please be patient. Thanks for you're interest and viewing! It's all of you who help keep me inspired to keep trying new things.

Currently on the drawing board: Custom GT35R twin scroll side mount Turbo setup, Custom trunk, rear seat inserts
Hope you Like!!!!

·
Track Whore
2,471 Posts
Wow, really clean Si. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
damn man did a lot of work to the civic. when i saw the first set of pictures, i was ready to flame you but it got better as i scrolled down haha. props.

·
return of the infamous...
59,168 Posts
very nice...
i digg everything except the hood...

·
Sun*Works Team ******
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love it. Got better pictures of the D3? Always wondered how you replace the stock HU on the newer Civics.

this really the best one I have. I can take a better one for you but basicly we can either use the stock honda Navi dash or Scoche makes the replacement dash piece. its really not hard at all but I see how decieving it can be.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
wow i like how it ended up.

·
My VTEC goes mmmmBAAAHHH!
211 Posts
Nice Si man! That rolling shot is sexy

·
Registered
849 Posts
nice mods...car is looking pretty sick!