Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so 2k on my 02 RSX type s engine break in/rebuild. My issue is my car goes just fine till 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. Then in those gears it’s like it hits a brick wall and my power is all the sudden gone. Usually anything above 4K rpm. I have tried everything. I bought new injectors, installed new fuel pump.(DTC code keeps saying running lean bank one) I have replaced both oxygen sensors I opted for the expensive DENSO A/F o2 sensor and denso downstream as well. I have replaced them 2 times in the last 2 months. I replaced and calibrated 2 new tps sensors. The injectors I bought new were OEM and my car ran worse with them in there the spray pattern holes are different so I bought a fuel rail out of a wrecking yard and used those old injectors and it ran better than it did with new ones. My car won’t go over 90mph when I push all the way down on the gas pedal it just bogs out and pops a couple times. I’m beyond frustrated I put a new alternator in and it didn’t last 2 days put the second one in and replaced charging wiring harness under the hood with a brand new one from Honda now it says the knock sensor is bad. And the battery light is on due to the 2nd alternator but it tests ok so does the battery idk what to do

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
"My issue is my car goes just fine till 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. Then in those gears it’s like it hits a brick wall and my power is all the sudden gone. " - this sounds like a transmission problem, not fuel related. Stop buying parts without doing a proper diagnosis. If you aren't capable of doing so, take it to a mechanic. You're just wasting money.

As for the alternator, you need a new or rebuilt OEM one. Aftermarket ones don't play well with our cars and will illuminate the light on that dash despite that fact that they seem to work just fine.

·
Registered
358 Posts
So much information missing. Sounds like you have a bad tune. What was done during the rebuild? Have you checked compression? Your fuel issue with new injectors makes no sense unless you bought some Chinese knock off garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So much information missing. Sounds like you have a bad tune. What was done during the rebuild? Have you checked compression? Your fuel issue with new injectors makes no sense unless you bought some Chinese knock off garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There has been no tune, still stock ecu, motor rebuild was with new everything except crankshaft. And I bought DENSO injectors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.