Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
SuwoopinK20Z
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this has been covered before but i couldn't find a really direct answer. so i bought my sidemarkers from kamispeed and they come like this:

the whole sidemarker:

sidemarker:

is this what i cut (the plug off)?

Sorry again, i know that i need to plug positive to positive and neg to neg i just dont know where to start :eek: sorry for another thread about this. Thanks for all the help

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
yellow is the power, black is the ground. if you are wiring to:
Blink
yellow to power wire of turn signals, black to ground of turn signals

Blink and Stay On During the Night
yellow to power wire of turn signals, black to power wire of parking light

·
SuwoopinK20Z
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright guys thanks a lot for the help! and does anybody know what guage of extension wire is needed? :) thanks again!

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
16-18 gauge is what i use

·
Here We Go Steelers!!!!!
17,702 Posts
i have a question too...i got my amber ones from kami speed as well and i was looking at the DIY write up on here and it says "3' wiring" under tools...i need more wiring than what they sent me? The pic above isn't enough to hardwire?

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
it is plenty of wiring

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
you can tap into the turn signal wires from inside the fenderliner. you'd only need longer wires if you're going all the way to the front like i did

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was thinkin the same thing. I couldnt figure out why the DIY was saying wire it to the front of the car. I am doing mine tomorow and am going to tap into the signal wires close to the fender. Pain in the ass going right to the front. Keep it simple.

·
Here We Go Steelers!!!!!
17,702 Posts
oooooooo ok...so instead of getting extra wire and hard wiring it to the start of the wires at the headlamps..just snip the wires that run along the fenders and just tap them in there?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Easier??? The wire runs down the side of your fender in the wire loom. Hell of a lot easier and cleaner to splice it in there than up front, IMO. I am just going to unclip the signal and pull the wire back far enough to where the new light will reach, then splice and reconnect.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you looh, the wire runs right into the big wire loom that runs down your fender. It would be a complete waist of money and time to have to splice in extra wiring. I dont see any need for it. But like I said earlier that is only my opinion and that is how I plan on doing it this weekend.

I will do pics and maybe re-do the DIY, seeing that it is a few years old now.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts