Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2008 Project?
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a walbro 255 that I purchased on CRSX

I am going lean in boost for some reason, it drives fine not in boost

could this be a sign of fuel pump failure?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Do you still have guardian?? if so, i'm going to say that that is your problem.
also, do you have a fuel press regulator on it too? and fuel press gauge? that would help you determine your problem for sure bro.
Have you tried setting the boost to about 10 psi to see if the problem persists?

·
2008 Project?
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zulusTypeS said:
Do you still have guardian?? if so, i'm going to say that that is your problem.
also, do you have a fuel press regulator on it too? and fuel press gauge? that would help you determine your problem for sure bro.
Have you tried setting the boost to about 10 psi to see if the problem persists?

problem happens at any psi even 7lbs

i have a fuel pressure gauge but only in the engine bay so I cant see what it is under boost but its not the fpr cause we switched out the FPR too with my friends and it did the same thing.

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
can you take your hood off and have a friend watch the gauge from inside your car? or can you hook a line up to the gauge?

i mean maybe you can get one of the local members there to just swap out the whole fuel pump assembly for an hour or so? it only takes like 10-15 minutes to take out and put back in

·
2008 Project?
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrBurner said:
can you take your hood off and have a friend watch the gauge from inside your car? or can you hook a line up to the gauge?

i mean maybe you can get one of the local members there to just swap out the whole fuel pump assembly for an hour or so? it only takes like 10-15 minutes to take out and put back in
I am gonna put my stock fuel pump back in and see what happens.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
bahamian-importz said:
sounds like you might have some kind of leak in the tank
Naw, I dont think so...if there was a leak, it wouldnt hold any pressure....

Best bet is to check your fuel pressure at WOT

·
Retired OG
147,491,196 Posts
hit me up on MSN if you want, my fuel pump failed like this, it was not building pressure at WOT. change back to your stock fuel pump (its good for 300whp), unless you figure something out to make sure the pump is feeding the engine right.

·
One of the 1st 500+hp k's
1,625 Posts
i had a similiar problem with my setup and it was that the line was leaking right at the feed from the pump, I changed it and didnt have a problem every since..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts