Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
NOR*CAL
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Just wanted to let everyone know to stay away from these bulbs. POS popped on me twice in less than a month!

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Join the club, Sylvania needs to get on their toes with these bulbs, or their returning customers won't include DC5 H1's

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah i hear yall even though im new to this forum those silerstars suck butt :finger: lol i was wondering guys wheres the cheapest place to get the jdm type r hid headlamps??? thanks to all those who reply

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
I've already went through 5 Sliverstar Bulbs, these things are horrible, but Iwill say, they seem to blow mostly on RSXs and not on many of my friend's Civics, not sure why?
Maybe just the H1s suck ass?

·
CRSX Father of Two
4,874 Posts
I've had my Silverstars since August and have had no problems with them. Compared to stock, these bulbs are the next best thing to HIDs. I'd definitely recommend them if you don't want to spend the $$$ for HIDs.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Give sylvania a call. They said the silverstars are their new line and if there's anything wrong, send it to them so they can do more testing. Maybe if enough rsx owners send in the bulbs, they'll know that there's something wrong with their bulbs.
I bought a brand new pair and both of them went out on me within a month... I definitely made sure not to touch the bulbs also so it can't be due to any finger grease.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
sail0rm00n said:
Give sylvania a call. They said the silverstars are their new line and if there's anything wrong, send it to them so they can do more testing. Maybe if enough rsx owners send in the bulbs, they'll know that there's something wrong with their bulbs.
I bought a brand new pair and both of them went out on me within a month... I definitely made sure not to touch the bulbs also so it can't be due to any finger grease.
my sliverstar went out in a month too, do you know their number for customer service?

·
RSXOG - DC5'in since 2002
363 Posts
Took 6 months for my silverstars to go. My friends brothers rsx lasted about 2 months and then they blew but the local autoshop was hella cool and gave him his money back as a return.

HID owns me :D

6,327 Posts
TypeStephen said:
Took 6 months for my silverstars to go. My friends brothers rsx lasted about 2 months and then they blew but the local autoshop was hella cool and gave him his money back as a return.

HID owns me :D
OEM bulbs rules.. :beerchug:

·
Registered
456 Posts
too bad theres nothing u can do if they blow on you. daymn no warranty. hid's here i come *looking at wallet, maybe not

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
zzwannabedjzz said:
too bad theres nothing u can do if they blow on you. daymn no warranty. hid's here i come *looking at wallet, maybe not
I've had my Silverstars in forever and my friend has had his in longer then mine.

The reason most of you guys have problems is improper installation and micro-scratches when putting them into your car. Either that or moisture of some sort. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
same thing happened to me....already sent them back 3 weeks ago. do you guys know how long it takes for them to send it back?

·
RSXOG - DC5'in since 2002
363 Posts
Entropy said:
I've had my Silverstars in forever and my friend has had his in longer then mine.

The reason most of you guys have problems is improper installation and micro-scratches when putting them into your car. Either that or moisture of some sort. Plain and simple.

I wish it was that simple but the only hyperwhites that never give me problems are Catz galaxy whites and for some odd reason... Liteglow. My most expensive bet on bulbs were a 60 dollar set of Piaa Super Plasmas. :firemad: $10 a month lightbulbs. Id stick with Catz from now on. They are brighter than most other stuff on the market but most importantly, they seem to last a whole lot longer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i've had a similar problem with the Falcon H-1's. first my left side went out, then the right side, then the left again. i've only had them in for about two months!!!! luckly they have a year warranty. apparently these H-1's are blowing on the rsx and the altima.

·
Registered
126 Posts
if want some awsome bulbs but can afford Hid get some Raybrig whitesonic
they run about 65$ they are awsome i bought a pair for my rsx and they really do look like what they advertise
cheeck em out at www.coolbulbs.com

1 - 20 of 43 Posts