Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright this is my very first showoff of my 2006 MM RSX Type S

When i got the car in 2012 it only had 62,000 miles and was intended to just be a daily driver that i had a little fun with no crazy mods or anything. I had little hopes of doing a few things here and there but then the mod bug hit and it bit HARD!!

Current Setup
Engine:
JRSC with 3" pulley
T1R AIT
Hybrid Racing 74mm TB
Hybrid Racing fuel Rail
Hybrid Racing tucked fuel line
Merc Racing high flow inlet
Merc Racing tension system
Merc Racing aftercooler
Custom 3" Intake with vanjen connection
Private Label Race Header
DW 1000 injectors
Innovative 70A motor mounts
Greddy TI-C catback
2.5" vibrant res. and muff
Spaz tucked clutch line
Spaz tucked throttle cable
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Mtec Race shift springs
Competition Clutch 11.5 flywheel
Exedy 3 Puck thick Clutch
Tucked fuse box
Tucked Battery
Buddy Club radiator cap
Hondata Kpro
Hondata map sensor

Suspension/Brakes:
Buddy Club RSD with Fortune Auto top hats
Progress 24mm adjustable rear sway
Hotchkis endlinks
MR2 Electro-hydraulic power steering
Stoptech brake pads
Braided Lines
Rolled rear fenders
Pulled front fenders
Enkei RPF1 17X8 +45
New wheels coming!!
Tenzo R 17X7
Injen CAI

Exterior:
OEM A Spec Kit
Tint
OEM Fog lights
Rear wiper delete
*may be missing one or two things

heres one of the earliest pictures I still have of the car

and the unmolested engine bay

After around a year into having my car and we were on our way to my first major car show with it in Charlotte NC for the Summer Import Alliance. All i had at the time was a race header, aspec front, yellow fogs, lowering springs and i painted the wheels a different color. Was a great time until about 2:00 am saturday night after hanging with some RSX guys when this happened :firemad:

Drunk lady in a Navigator went down the wrong way on a one way street into the parking lot where we were about to head back to our hotel. She was like a damn heat seaking missile, and of course drove away but later was found. The shop that did the work did an great job and replaced everything with OEM parts. So after a month of the car getting fixed in NC i flew back out there and took the 16 hour drive back home.

After that whole disaster I came across a friend selling his JRSC kit and I just couldn't pass it up.

Ended up with 283 hp and 180 tq at around 8 psi
After that I wanted to make the engine bay and exterior look more respectable so I started to paint an tuck things where I could and install new wheels and a full aspec lower spoilers.

I loved the power and everything but everyone knows there's never enough, so i collected a nice pile of parts to put on this year and i finally got it all in there. very happy with the way it looks. More updates and better quality pictures to come in spring putting her away for the year :thumbsup:

·
I Alwayz Haz Ava Hottiez
545 Posts
Looking good. :thumbsup:

·
how can I be a member
209 Posts
Car looks good and clean. Looks like you had a CAI and then in the last few pics switched to a custom CAI? How do they compare? I always wanted to make some sort of custom intake instead of buying one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car looks good and clean. Looks like you had a CAI and then in the last few pics switched to a custom CAI? How do they compare? I always wanted to make some sort of custom intake instead of buying one.
Yeah i just finished the intake a week ago all I have right now is a base tune so I can't really get on it and see the differences but I'll update ya in the spring....so far away:rest

Also thanks guys for the complements :thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad the stupid bitch was caught. The lady who rear ended wifeys car last year got away.:firemad:

Car is looking good mang!:thumbsup:
Thanks man, sorry to hear about your wife's ...only reason this lady got caught is cuz she tried to run a few of my friends over who were trying to keep her in the parking lot and got her license plate shit was nuts.

·
9,306 Posts
clean man

·
Boost... My Anti-Stance
370 Posts
Very clean man- I like it. You wouldn't have any pics close up of that Merc racing belt tensioner? I'd like to see how close it sits to the fuel rail- I'm considering one myself

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very clean man- I like it. You wouldn't have any pics close up of that Merc racing belt tensioner? I'd like to see how close it sits to the fuel rail- I'm considering one myself

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thank you:bow: sorry I don't have a better picture i can get one once I pull it out of storage.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New update! got the car back this spring and went straight to work! i spent a week or two chasing down a wondering idle took the whole setup apart made all new gaskets and used a quite a bit of hondabond to be 100% sure of no vac leaks. Cleaned the IAC changed the plugs was better but still not where i wanted it to be, ended up being in the base tune i was running along with the fact I'm running a 74mm HR TB which sometimes doesn't seal the best. Aslo with the blower producing more heat might as well upgrade the radiator with a mishimoto radiator while it was all torn apart.

Then finally got it tuned at West Bend Dyno in WI

Heres one of the WOT dyno pulls :vtec:
http://vid1077.photobucket.com/albums/w480/sinister-91/RSX Angie/869955F6-452F-45E2-A1C8-385133B5E6D6_zpsq0ucpnna.mp4

Ended up with 314hp and 214 tq @9.5psi on a mustang dyno, could have gotten more with a larger exhaust but at least I can hear the radio now :rotfl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts