Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Ski Rack for RSX

Tags
rack rsx ski
1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  YellowSnow 
#1 ·
has anyone ever put a ski rack on their rsx? this winter i plan on goin to the mountains and wonderin if u guys have any recommendations on ski racks...

#2 ·
SaNdStoRm said:
has anyone ever put a ski rack on their rsx? this winter i plan on goin to the mountains and wonderin if u guys have any recommendations on ski racks...
Ive got a yakima Snowboard rack and a Bike rack, but i just put the snowboard one on for the trip, then pull it off. I live in houston, so i only use it but 2 -3 times a year for trips to colorado or New mexico.

J

#3 ·
Hey JTaylor, why do you have 3 cities for your location. I also live in Houston but am moving to Waco in August because I'll be attending Baylor. Isn't that your school too?

#8 ·
I just bought a roof rack and a snowboard rack from Canadian Tire. The brand is Frontier SporTrack, and it's pretty secure. Has some good rubber padding and smooth edges to prevent any scratching. I think I bought them altogether for a bit over $200. I bought the roof rack from a friend for $40, $60 for the extension bars, and $100 for the snowboard rack.

Since our car is a 2 dr, I'd recommend getting the extension bar too. It basically extends your roof rack farther back for a better fit.

Dunno if that was any helpful... another option to go with is to buy a carrrying box. :dontknow:

#9 ·
YellowSnow said:
I just bought a roof rack and a snowboard rack from Canadian Tire. The brand is Frontier SporTrack, and it's pretty secure. Has some good rubber padding and smooth edges to prevent any scratching. I think I bought them altogether for a bit over $200. I bought the roof rack from a friend for $40, $60 for the extension bars, and $100 for the snowboard rack.

Since our car is a 2 dr, I'd recommend getting the extension bar too. It basically extends your roof rack farther back for a better fit.

Dunno if that was any helpful... another option to go with is to buy a carrrying box. :dontknow:
do u have any pics?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.