Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a K24 with an A2 head. I installed Skunk 2 stage 2 tuner cams, Skunk 2 valve springs, Skunk 2 Titanium retainers, Skunk 2 tensioner. All these Skunk parts were brand new. The timing chain was a brand new K24a2 chain. I put 900 miles on the engine and now I'm having bad chain slap and rattle. I will note that the TCT rattle occurred from day one. Yes, I read all the stories about the Skunk 2 cams having issues back around 2006 and they were supposed to fix it with version 3 cams. It's 2020 and these cams are still not working correctly and it's frustrating. I called customer support and they said they have never heard of any issues with their cams. I hate being lied to because I can literally pull up dozens of threads. I will post a video up of the problem, and the noise it is making. I'm going to remove the TCT and check the chain to see if it stretched, but something fishy is going on with these cams because they should not have been making noise, and they have since day one and it is only getting worse. Why I didn't just buy another cam.... now I'm kicking myself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Stay away from Junk2 and if u have read all the stories why u didn’t go with Briancrower or Drag Cartel ?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a video to show everyone how bad it is. The tensioner was installed with 2 clicks of preload. I spun the motor by hand and there was zero chain gap.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Stay away from Junk2 and if u have read all the stories why u didn’t go with Briancrower or Drag Cartel ?
Dito. What TCT are you running? I think junk 2 makes there own for there own sh*t. Your all up in it now. You might try that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
LMAO just stay away from junk2 even their dressing hardware brakes and makes your valve cover leak.
:oops:So am I ! Just don't want to hurt dudes feelings? He's all up in it now and probably can't get out from under it....what to do what to do. I'm in the middle of a build and believe you me I researched and sure as shit learned in advance as to whats what.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dito. What TCT are you running? I think junk 2 makes there own for there own sh*t. Your all up in it now. You might try that.
I'm running the Skunk 2 TCT. It makes noise on the stock TCT and the Skunk TCT. It has to build oil pressure or it just sounds like metal to metal. I am even running the longer guide on top.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: The Skunk2 cams stretched my timing chain 4mm, it skipped two teeth, chewed up the oem cam gears. I took the cams out and put in another set of oem cams and gears. I put the SK2 tensioner back in and it is doing well for the most part. I hear a slight tick due to SK2 tensioner being bulletproof but unforgiving. It does not adjust and flex like the oem tensioner is supposed to. Stick with the OEM tensioner and avoid ALL Skunk2 parts! I swear to god I have had to remove EVERY SINGLE Skunk 2 part I have ever put in my car. I have had better luck with no name eBay Chinese parts.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Update: The Skunk2 cams stretched my timing chain 4mm, it skipped two teeth, chewed up the oem cam gears. I took the cams out and put in another set of oem cams and gears. I put the SK2 tensioner back in and it is doing well for the most part. I hear a slight tick due to SK2 tensioner being bulletproof but unforgiving. It does not adjust and flex like the oem tensioner is supposed to. Stick with the OEM tensioner and avoid ALL Skunk2 parts! I swear to god I have had to remove EVERY SINGLE Skunk 2 part I have ever put in my car. I have had better luck with no name eBay Chinese parts.
Hey my-Man! I felt bad before and I wasn't trying to be a dick. EVERYTHING I've read about shit-2-u seems to be true. You have learned and talked people such as myself not to go there. What do you think about TODA? I have 03 Type S cams and complete valvetrain - no valves as some got bent. I'm talking upper/lower seats, retainers. You pay shipping. You can have them if this buy's you time to get things sorted out. PEACE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts