Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Skunk2 Alpha Header, Great Fit EXCEPT Sway Bar. I have ITR Sway!

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  IronGumby 
#1 ·
So I have a ITR sway bar which is way more clearance than a type S. I have maybe 1/4 inch clearance all around with suspension loaded. When the car gets jacked up the wheels bring the sway bar down and it hits the header.

Other than that fitment is great. Oil filter removed, never had to touch the subframe.

What sway bar will 100% clear the new stock of Skunk2 headers?

#2 ·
Can anybody else chime in on what sway bar they use with this header? I'm sure by now there are more people using this header that I would expect more answers! Lol.

Anyhow I've heard others say that the ITR sway don't even fit, but yours seems to. I recently bought the header, but i'm trying to gather more info on what sway bar would work best before I put myself through any potential headaches when installing. A friend told me that the Toda sway gave him the best clearance. It has a certain design that prevents the top of headers from making contact from what I was told. I'd get it but the problem is I don't know where else to find it. Anybody know?

#3 ·
If you think about what he's saying, he must've installed it with the wheels (or control arms) jacked up. Otherwise, there'd be no way he could've installed it since it doesn't clear when he jacks up the front. I wonder if this is true of other sways

#8 ·
I'm no Type R genius, but if you have one, then why not run the Type R sway? I don't think the Type S sway is going to help you... Adjustable Endlinks should though

So did you ditch your ITR header that came with your car? :confused:

wow. 13 of your 38 posts were new threads. impressive...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.