Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I recently purchased a skunk2 alpha header and an HKS Hi-power Turbo Exhaust and I wanted to share my experience with you guys since I always get my info from here and I always leech from the DIY's. Mind you guys this is my first time posting like this !!!

The skunk2 fitment was fucking awesome everyone says this is a hit or a miss but I don't see how. I didn't receive the donut gasket or the slotted sway bar brackets but after a quick call to skunk2 they shipped everything my way. If anyone wants to buy this header make sure that when you get it the box contains the sway brackets to stop knocking. During install you have to remove the oil filter and you have to bend/cut a heat shield for the brake lines, these 2 things are a must do if you don't want to have issues snaking the header up to the motor. What I don't see anyone on this forum say is that you can move the sway BAR left and right after the skunk2 header is bolted on to make sure there is no touching!!! If you mock fit the sway bar brackets with the bolts you can move the sway bar and then tighten the bolts so it doesn't move and doesn't touch! This is mostly a compilation of what people have recommended in the forums about the header except the moving the sway bar part. I installed this header with the OEM sway bar and OEM sway bar endlinks and I get no rattle and no touching no matter how much I beat up the car!

The HKS Hi power exhaust had no issues anywhere except that my rear bumper is starting to burn but I read on here that I can fix that with an extended exhaust hanger.

This exhaust/header combo has a deep tone and it doesn't sound ricey the best part is that it isn't loud unless you're going WOT. It sounds oem just with a light rumble outside at idle, in the cabin it is very loud and it drones like a motherfucker. you cannot talk to the person next to you at 80-100 miles because the drone is sooooo louddddd.

I really overall love this combination and the fitment of the skunk2 was great and the car really woke up around the 4-6k rpm range like everyone says it does. my next update will be with a kpro!!

If anyone has any questions I will answer!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This combo gets me complements man for not sounding ricey and having a deep tone. Its overall really good and the power gains on the butt dyno feel great because it really gets faster around 4500 rpm like everyone says. It fits great but my sway bar keeps shifting to the left and knocks against the header if not it would never knock. Im trying to figure out how to make it stop shifting but i think ill just get an ep3 si sway or the em2 sway to make ir clear better. Other than that the header sounds great man i also failed to mention i have esmm so the engine doesnt move as much so i would install those when you install the header because youre clear to the rear mount. Hope i made sense lol sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have new hasport billit mounts that are going in. I hear the banging with the sway bar is an issue half the time. I hear skunk 2 will mail you out somr brackets to adjust the sway bar tho. Either way i hear with the em2 it stops banging.

So far i just have CAI. Have my mounts ready. Got to do my plugs and wires, 2 weeks ill have the money to order the header and exhaust. Ill let ya know how it turns out. How long till you get k pro??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please post some YouTube vids in and out of the car with your setup. Definitely been interested in how much droning this setup has.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The HKS hi power is a great exhaust. I had it paired with the OBX V2 headers and there were zero drones. The deep tone is amazing...

I'm going for a new setup though, but will keep my exhaust... I dont think i'd ever sell the hi power.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, would love to see some videos. I need to ask around at facebook as I think a friend of my friend's who is a salesman at DSRLeasing had the Skunk2 mod. Will look into it as I got really interested now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts