Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Because Racecar
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If one were to get the skunk2 cams when they come out, they would not work with the hondata#4 flash, so would they work with the reprogrammable ecu hondata is going to be releasing, or would you need another stand alone FMS? By FMS i mean FMU, Fuel Management System ....Fuel Management Unit....you get it

·
Old member
2,641 Posts
I might be wrong but I belive that the Programmable Hondata ECU can tune almost anything.

·
Registered
529 Posts
To be honest with all you folks, I think the programmable Hondata system is going to do more harm then good. Cause people are going to start messing with shit and don't know what the hell they are doing and mess up their motors.

You don't need a stand alone fuel management system just cause you got cams. It's not going to do you any good. Cams won't be bringing in that much more air so you don't need that much additional fuel. And if anything, I think the Hondata #4 will work better with more agressive cams than stock. Just my 2 cents.

·
Old member
2,641 Posts
Well thats why people shouldnt be messing with the computer themselves. If theyre stupid enough to think they know how to tune it then maybe they deserve to screw things up.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
DavidT said:
To be honest with all you folks, I think the programmable Hondata system is going to do more harm then good. Cause people are going to start messing with shit and don't know what the hell they are doing and mess up their motors.

You don't need a stand alone fuel management system just cause you got cams. It's not going to do you any good. Cams won't be bringing in that much more air so you don't need that much additional fuel. And if anything, I think the Hondata #4 will work better with more agressive cams than stock. Just my 2 cents.
Exactly. I really hope you guys that plan on getting this ecu know wtf your doing.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
DavidT said:

Well if you have more aggressive cams than stock, I'm sure you will benefit from a raised rev limit. How else do you plan on having it raised?

Hondata 4 is setup up for CAI and exhaust. Throw in a race header, type r IM, and some big cams, and it's definitely going to run a little lean.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i think people who know what there doing is still not going to know what to do...think plus minus 50 degrees of cam timeing...who the hell is gona know how to tune it...

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
JTSmith said:
Well if you have more aggressive cams than stock, I'm sure you will benefit from a raised rev limit. How else do you plan on having it raised?

Hondata 4 is setup up for CAI and exhaust. Throw in a race header, type r IM, and some big cams, and it's definitely going to run a little lean.
I definitey agree, cams, and the mods that usually come along with them, will make a very big difference in the way the car breathes. The number 4 program won't be well suited.

I think there will be alot of shared knowledge a little while after the Hondata programmable comes out, like basic tuning starting points for certain setups. For example, if you have certain cams, an intake, and race header, you could use all the same settings as someone else who has their car well tuned already with the same mods. Then you just need to do the fine tuning, which is what the programmable is all about, you shouldn't be making huge adjustments if you have a starting point. Like tweaking the A/F ratio. I also agree though that you NEED to know what you are doing when making adjustments the the ecu, big or small.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I'm planning on getting the k-pro (hondata programmable ecu) once it is realeased. But I surely wont be messing with any of it myself, atleast not until I am taught how to use it. I am planning on having former cybernation employees tune it for me :thumbsup:

·
Old member
2,641 Posts
DC5 RSX said:
I'm planning on getting the k-pro (hondata programmable ecu) once it is realeased. But I surely wont be messing with any of it myself, atleast not until I am taught how to use it. I am planning on having former cybernation employees tune it for me :thumbsup:
Exactly, you take that to someone who knows how to tune cars.

Ill be taking mine to the place where I get my dynos done. Its $100 an hour I think. They were even recommended to me by the guys at Toda so I feel kinda confident about letting them tune it. :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
those of you who plan on getting aggresive cams and who have the hondata #4 with the raised rev limit should look into buying the dc5 type r intake manifold, becuase the type s manifold looses flow power at 7900 rpms, while the type r intake manifold keeps the air flow power going up into the 8500s somewhere around there, with that manifold more power would be acchieved with the aggresive cams and higher rev limit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts