Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
I hear you there pints, they told me the intake mani was coming out in a month.....to bad that was before Christmas.

· Ur Post Count Means Nada!
1,904 Posts
pints99 said:
ahhhh, I hope september. I really do. Same thing for that IM they're supposedly making.
Back at Spring Nationals, i believe in May, i spoke to the dude from Skunk2. I asked him about the Intake Manifold and he said that they had not even started development on it. He said it was not high on their priority list. He did say that they were working on cams though. Time will tell.
-Jalal

· TeamDC5
544 Posts
I know the crower cams are out...but does anyone know exactly where they can be purchased, i think i might be willing enough to test em out for everyone and even go on the dyno after i get k pro...so does anyone have a website for em?

· Ur Post Count Means Nada!
1,904 Posts

STOCK REPLACEMENT Part # 63450-2
Similar specs to stock Type S profile. Stock idle quality and will work with stock valve springs. No ECU upgrade required.
RPM Range: Idle to 8000+. 10+ HP over stock setup.

STAGE 1 Part # 63451-2
Performance oriented street. Hotter than JDM Type R profile. Works with stock springs. Recommend Hondata ECU flash. RPM Range: Idle to 8500+. 35+ hp over stock Type-S w/ECU.

STAGE 2 - Forced Induction Special Part # 63451T-2
Designed for turbo/supercharger. Features short duration, low overlap and high lift. Requires #84164 & Hondata ECU flash. RPM Range: Idle to 9500+. Horsepower varies w/boost & mods.

STAGE 2 - 3⁄4 Race Part # 63452-2
Road/Rally and Street/Strip. Requires #84164 spring kit and compatible Hondata ECU upgrade. Slight lope at idle expected. RPM Range: 1000 to 9750+. 50+ hp over built Type-S w/ECU.

STAGE 3 - Full Race Part # 63453-2
Drag Race and radical Street/Strip. Requires #84161 spring kit and compatible Hondata ECU upgrade for optimum results. RPM Range: 1200 to 10,000+. 60+ hp over built Type-S w/ECU.

CUSTOM GRIND Part # 00066-2
Crower can custom grind cams to your desired specs, also proprietary profiles available upon request.

Just put it any part # in the top right hand side of the crower website.
http://crower.com/index.shtml
It gives you the price and such of the product. I would call them for more info regarding purchase.
-Jalal

· Registered
949 Posts
BlueRSXS03 said:
I know the crower cams are out...but does anyone know exactly where they can be purchased, i think i might be willing enough to test em out for everyone and even go on the dyno after i get k pro...so does anyone have a website for em?
go to the sponsor marketplace on honda-tech and look for a guy doing a big sale on Crower. I asked him how much for the cams, springs, and retainers and he said he could do it for $1070 shipped.

EDIT: here's the link. just look a little past half way down the page for the prices of part #'s 63453-2 and 84164.
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=862702&page=2

· TeamDC5
544 Posts
JTSmith said:
go to the sponsor marketplace on honda-tech and look for a guy doing a big sale on Crower. I asked him how much for the cams, springs, and retainers and he said he could do it for $1070 shipped.

EDIT: here's the link. just look a little past half way down the page for the prices of part #'s 63453-2 and 84164.
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=862702&page=2
what stage would u be going with....either 1 or 2? also do they have a map you could use with kpro that crower has made to work with the cams? i kinda doubt that so im guessing youll have do all the custom tuning yourself.....

· Registered
949 Posts
BlueRSXS03 said:
what stage would u be going with....either 1 or 2? also do they have a map you could use with kpro that crower has made to work with the cams? i kinda doubt that so im guessing youll have do all the custom tuning yourself.....
stage 2 or 3. probably the 3's as I eventually want to build a k24.

· TeamDC5
544 Posts
the 3's seem a little too aggressive for my use with the raised idle and all. So i think soon i will purchase the stage 2's, s2000 valvesprings, and kpro...but are retainers necessary?

· Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
I don't know if I would trust the S2000 springs with a high lift cam. I would check the lift specs for both, if the crowers lift is higher then the S2000 lift I wouldn't get them.

· TeamDC5
544 Posts
very good point, never thought about that. Ill look into it, and if the s2000 springs wont work, ill just have to go with the crower springs recommended for the stage 2's. I was just going to use the s2k springs as a cheaper alternative.

· Registered
949 Posts
silver RSX-S said:
from what i've heard and from what i see in the cam descriptions, you'll need that stage 3 to get to 9750k rpms daily to get the power out of the cams....
what?

· Registered
949 Posts
BlueRSXS03 said:
very good point, never thought about that. Ill look into it, and if the s2000 springs wont work, ill just have to go with the crower springs recommended for the stage 2's. I was just going to use the s2k springs as a cheaper alternative.
check out and see if importbuilder's springs will work. they have two different sets and they are both priced VERY reasonable.

but you also need to realize that $370 for the Crower springs AND retainers isn't too bad once you think about spending $400+shipping for TODA's springs alone.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.